ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why does this pee me off so much?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by Chewster »

I ALWAYS knock and ring, the amount of people who seem to tune out the doorbell is astounding. And I don't just knock, I always give the door a good battering, they often think I'm the police and come running to the door! Unless it's a, erm, "less than savoury" household, then they tend to avoid it. I once had a woman, I knew fine she was in because I saw her through her living room window, but no answer after ringing the doorbell and thumping on the door so write out the 739, cue her chasing me down the street saying she didn't hear the door....heard the letterbox ok though! I also had a man moan at me on a Saturday morning saying "try not to wake people up on a Saturday". i couldn't believe the audacity of the bloke! "Alright mate, I just won't deliver any parcels to you on Saturday from now on and you can wait till Monday, sound good?" Quickly changed his tune after that!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

woopesh wrote:Its something I had to come to terms with... there are all sorts of people out there. I have had moans for knocking too loudly, not knocking loud enough, knocking too many times, ringing the bell (when I should have knocked), not waiting long enough, waiting too long (was writing out a p739 and the woman wanted me off her property and didnt want to be bothered at all that day). You name it. Whatever you do, you will get complaints so just do whatever you do and sod them. I always ring once and knock twice smartly. f**k them if it aggrevates them.
You're right mate whatever you do it's WRONG! I always try the bell & then knock loudly....Police Style with the edge of the fist (NOT the knuckles as I think I'm getting soft in my Old Age....some of those doors are HARD)! Love it when there's a sign saying, "Baby Asleep please don't disturb"! How do they think they're going to get any parcels? :crazy:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

bertieboy wrote:I've got one on my delivery. A right whining/awkward sort. She lives on a single row cul de sac. I'd knock on door, no answer, P739 duly delivered. When I'd finished cul de sac, she'd be waiting with P739 saying she hadn't heard me knock, as I walked back past her house. This happened twice. After that, If she has a packet, I re jig the delivery order and do her last. Knock, no answer, P739 and run. Lately, she seems to have got the message and actually answers the door. :Very Happy
Good Trick BB I use that one as well. :thumbup I'm sure some people figure out they can catch you as you finish their road. I had one women that just couldn't be arsed to get out of bed, when I said I thought someone was in she just said, "Yeah I can't be bothered to get up and answer the door so just give me a Red Card and I'll pick it up later"! :d'oh!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by jetblack »

dfubster wrote: Them: "We have a bell you know"
Me: "Really? I have a cornish pasty"
Them: "We have a bell you know"
Me: "Really ? I have a penchant for porridge at suppertime even though its generally perceived to be for breakfast."

Or, perhaps,

Them: "We have a bell you know"
Me: "Really ? When I was a boy I used to mix my own mortar with dirt and my own piddle"
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by greengiant »

rottathehutlet wrote:Someone once complained to me for not ringing the doorbell loud enough! :crazy:
Some one once complained to me for ringing the doorbell too loud!!!
:hmmmm
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by toomuchcoke »

postslippete wrote:The number of customers who come to the front door only to find its....locked....and there no key!!

D'oh where would I put the most important things in my house? Is it in the other room? Behind the cupboards? Under the floorboards???
The advanced practitioners of this particular dark art, then run into further problems even when they've found the keys as they don't seem too certain which key is the one they're after! I wouldn't wish ill on them, but I do wonder about the scenario where their house has caught fire with them in it and they need to get out pronto?
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by Postie45 »

windermeredave wrote:I guess it`s happened to us all. you knock on someones door. they answer, and say hey we have a bell you know? and sometimes push it to demonstrate it works. well today I said. you heard me and answered the door so whats the problem?
Just got a mutter of some sort and shut the door. I don`t expect any comeback on this but christ some people could start an argument in a empty room. :shock:
ever notice anyone who appears very happy in their lives react this way ? no... theres your answer.
Drloomis
Posts: 7
Joined: 15 Nov 2015, 18:31
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by Drloomis »

thank lord I'm not the only one that gets annoyed by this!!

same convo every day

"why didn't you ring the bell?"
"because I knocked and you answered"
"but I have a bell"
"but I knocked and you answered"

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=77189#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by pinstripe »

Reminds me of the time my neighbour was banging on my door at 2.30 in the morning, lucky for him I was still up, playing my bagpipes.
veryn
Posts: 82
Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 09:10
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by veryn »

This annoys me, seems to happen a lot now.
The person will come to the door ,talking to someone on the phone. Like ,unless its buckingham palace, im sorry, no one is important enough to not be put on hold for 5 seconds while you take the post and say thank you .
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

I hate it when they just answer the door take the packet off you and shut it again without saying a word :arrrghhh
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by WOBBLY »

Drloomis wrote:thank lord I'm not the only one that gets annoyed by this!!

same convo every day

"why didn't you ring the bell?"
"because I knocked and you answered"
"but I have a bell"
"but I knocked and you answered"
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

Love that, I'm going to use it next time a customer says the same :thumbup
sussexlad
Posts: 161
Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by sussexlad »

centenaryman wrote:oh ye,,,,i had a woman moan...."you didn't press the bel"l......she lent out and pressed it,,,,no sound,,,,,"oh the batteries have died"

LOL

I said its lucky I tired both bell and knock then isn't it LOL
Its such a sweet moment when this happens. The woman who gave me this moment after i knocked on the door said in a really rude tone " We do have a doorbell you know" She pressed it and nothing happened, the look on her face was priceless :oops:
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by Chewster »

CPTNemoUK wrote:I hate it when they just answer the door take the packet off you and shut it again without saying a word :arrrghhh
Yes, and when they sit and look at the parcel saying "hmm what is it?" I don't know you're the one who ordered it! Or at the other end of the spectrum, the person (usually old diddy) who tells you exactly what it is, where it's from, and the whole story of them hearing about it and buying it.
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Why does this pee me off so much?

Post by Justanotherstar »

Tell them Health and safety rules mean you aren't allowed to touch electronics that haven't been PAT tested.