TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Did you try for Halifax, they always seem to be looking for bodies from us in Huddersfield. I thought they had a recruitment problem not an excess.
Yea the 2 i wanted were Halifax or Brighouse. But the e-mail i recieved when asking for one of those was:
I have made some enquiries and unfortunately there is no vacancy for you at Bradford South, only Bradford North. I’ve also conducted a search to see if any vacancy exists at Halifax or Brighouse but again currently there are no vacancies there.
I asked the same to the guy that rang about the Dewsbury position but he said there's no vacancy there plus he doesn't think there will be in the next few months either.
mattandbenny wrote:Cheers for any help & advice given in this thread.
One of the regional HR managers gave me a call. Was actually very helpful - said he doesn't foresee any vacancies coming up in the offices i wanted in the next few months. Said the only other vacancy was in Dewsbury. Both Dewsbury & Bradford North are the same distance away from where i live so not really an improvement - still a much longer drive to work than i was hoping for, but i've been told the area is (marginally) nicer than Bradford so have opted to work at the Dewsbury (Calderway) DO.
So plan is to stick it at Dewsbury for my 6 month probation period and then when that is up and i am officially permanent, then look for a transfer to a closer office.
When are you starting at Dewsbury DO ?
I applied at Bradford north way back in January, i have to say the experience of driving in/out of that area was a nightmare. So glad I managed to get in & work at Dewsbury DO (calderway) & you can park which is a bonus ! I travel from cleckheaton everyday which is about 20 minutes on a good day.
Been there 5 months now & i haven't looked back. Good luck in coming in this time of year !!!
Yea i'll be living in Halifax city centre so thought going from there all through the centre of Bradford would be a pain. Think i made the right choice with Dewsbury. Got my induction day in Leeds next monday (14th) & start at Dewsbury the next day.
Just to let you know that 6 month period for transferring isn't set in stone myself and a friend got a transfer within 5 months, we had to do the arranging and nagging lol good luck