ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivering in the dark.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Delivering in the dark.

Post by Chewster »

pinxtonpostie wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
no-one gets paid d2d money :shock:
OK delivery supplement same thing less money.[/quote]

Incorrect. Part timers working 39 hours get paid the same as a full timer.[/quote]

Incorrect. Delivery supplement stays the same if I work my part time contracted hours or 39 hours.[/quote]

Incorrect. Your "SSPR" overtime rate includes the pro rata delivery supplement money (I think...)
pinxtonpostie
Posts: 2
Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 16:30
Gender: Male

Delivering in the dark.

Post by pinxtonpostie »

Chewster wrote:
pinxtonpostie wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
no-one gets paid d2d money :shock:
OK delivery supplement same thing less money.
Incorrect. Part timers working 39 hours get paid the same as a full timer.[/quote]

Incorrect. Delivery supplement stays the same if I work my part time contracted hours or 39 hours.[/quote]

Incorrect. Your "SSPR" overtime rate includes the pro rata delivery supplement money (I think...)[/quote]

Oh s**t. Sorry mate. You're correct Chewster. Just had a look at some wage slips and worked out the rates for overtime etc and we do get extra which compensates for our lower delivery supplement :crazy:
I've worked for RM for over 10 years and always thought that we were being shafted :arrrghhh
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Delivering in the dark.

Post by Chewster »

pinxtonpostie wrote:
Chewster wrote:
pinxtonpostie wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
no-one gets paid d2d money :shock:
OK delivery supplement same thing less money.
Incorrect. Part timers working 39 hours get paid the same as a full timer.
Incorrect. Delivery supplement stays the same if I work my part time contracted hours or 39 hours.[/quote]

Incorrect. Your "SSPR" overtime rate includes the pro rata delivery supplement money (I think...)[/quote]

Oh s**t. Sorry mate. You're correct Chewster. Just had a look at some wage slips and worked out the rates for overtime etc and we do get extra which compensates for our lower delivery supplement :crazy:
I've worked for RM for over 10 years and always thought that we were being shafted :arrrghhh[/quote]

Don't worry mate so did I, but someone else pointed it out on these forums a while ago :thumbup
exphg1961
Posts: 15
Joined: 04 Feb 2013, 17:40
Gender: Male

Delivering in the dark.

Post by exphg1961 »

norm wrote:
exphg1961 wrote:If you are going to deliver in the dark then Royal Mail, under their "duty of care", are required to ensure you have adequate and suitable equipment and uniform to enable you to safely carry out your job.87
As has been mentioned before, we all used to do it daily for months, the difference was it tended to be at the beginning of the day.
I was merely pointing out that RM and not individual members of staff are responsible for supplying the correct gear.
As well as RM,the employee too has a duty of care regarding their own safety. Should s/he feel it is too dangerous to continue working then return to the office and report the situation.
THEY, not you are obliged to provide a working torch, if they don't then you can refuse to go/stay out in the dark.
It is covered in the H&S regulations
Presumably the OPG gets blamed if they injure themselves in the dark ...
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Delivering in the dark.

Post by Mobey »

norm wrote:
exphg1961 wrote: Presumably the OPG gets blamed if they injure themselves in the dark ...
Don't forget that they need to be wearing RM footwear! :wink:
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Delivering in the dark.

Post by Creditshampoo »

pinxtonpostie wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
no-one gets paid d2d money :shock:
OK delivery supplement same thing less money.[/quote]

Incorrect. Part timers working 39 hours get paid the same as a full timer.[/quote]

Incorrect. Delivery supplement stays the same if I work my part time contracted hours or 39 hours.[/quote]

It might stay the same but your hourly rate between 25-39 hours is enhanced to make up for it.
Fethiyefan
Posts: 15
Joined: 18 Jul 2016, 14:44
Gender: Male

Delivering in the dark.

Post by Fethiyefan »

I'm only new at the job but previously I had to work in the dark with both hands free and it was a pain (literally sometimes).

I bought this off ebay and it works a treat

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-LED-Stealth ... SwmUdUXius" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I'm not mistaken I think it was someone on RMC that I got the tip off

Good luck
Fethiyefan
Posts: 15
Joined: 18 Jul 2016, 14:44
Gender: Male

Delivering in the dark.

Post by Fethiyefan »

. . . .not only useful if it's getting dark and you have lost your youthful 20/20 vision but also useful in the stairwells of badly lit flats etc
drill bit
Posts: 6
Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 18:30
Gender: Male

Delivering in the dark.

Post by drill bit »

Comining out of the office @2 pm I wish That's 2 hours before me