http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local ... ay-9188547" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Dalbeattie's Davie Stitt may have given up his beloved Rockcliffe round but the 63-year-old will remain a Labour Councillor.
Rockcliffe postie Davie Stitt has delivered his last letter.
The 63-year-old from Dalbeattie has retired from his round after 36 years.
Davie, who combined his postman’s job with life as a local councillor, said he’ll miss colleagues and customers but is looking forward to a little “me time”.
He said: “I’ve been doing my round on the same patch in Rockcliffe for 20 years.
“I started in October 1980 when I was 27.
“It was the job of a lifetime for me.
“But the time is right.
“I’ll miss my workmates and a lot of my customers. I met a lot of good characters and was only attacked twice by dogs – not bad in 36 years!”
On Saturday, he and around 20 of his former colleagues enjoyed a get-together in the Cum-Ye-Inn, Dalbeattie, where Neil Moorhead, manager of the Castle Douglas Post Office, made a presentation.
Davie still has seven months to go as an Abbey Ward councillor but hopes to stand again for Labour at the local elections in May.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dumfries and Galloway postman calls it a day after 36 years
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Dumfries and Galloway postman calls it a day after 36 years
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.