At least it goes to show Royal Mail can't have it all their own way, if they want to get rid of somebody in similar dubious circumstances it will cost them big time financially and reputationally, it was a PR disaster for RM, it caused a massive disruption and there were probably some bollocking of managers behind closed doors, while the senior managers have to deal with the fallout.jetblack wrote:Agreed.daveyeff wrote:I'm over the moon he's got a settlement and I'm glad he's got closure....but it has to be said, its still a victory for those bastards that stitched him up and wanted him out. he's gone, which was their goal. no more to be said on the matter which is effectively RM getting away with it, because it can't be brought to light....pack of Jeremy's.
However, I suppose you could say that at least if we (you or I) were to be in the unfortunate position of being sacked for, apparently, absolutely no reason whatsoever (and slandered in the process), at least there would seem to be a reasonable chance that we would receive satisfactory recompense.
Actually - scrub that- this is a crap outcome for us that are remaining.
In the end I hope as part of the agreement was a clean service record on leaving the business, a massive tax free lump sum, guaranteed pension and shares, that would be my position. The gagging clause is usual for that type of deal.