ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Jury Service

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
yubin282
Posts: 994
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
Gender: Male

Jury Service

Post by yubin282 »

i got called up for jury service last year to do it 2 weeks before christmas i was delighted, unfortunately the dates got changed by the courts and i ended up doing it the following april ....... devastated
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Jury Service

Post by postman nel »

I've been called up for jury service twice ,first time it was in the 1st 2 weeks in January (sales bonanza) in the city centre and then 2nd time last 2 weeks in June in the sunshine..absolutely loved both times and never any problems with any payments that were owed to me :thumbup
mbavelja
Posts: 60
Joined: 19 Sep 2009, 12:55
Gender: Male

Jury Service

Post by mbavelja »

I was one of 15 people called for jury service and although I wasn't one of the 12 selected I had to sit and listen as the charges were read out in case one of the chosen 12 had to be excused.
The least serious/offensive of the 8 charges read out was the accused had urinated in his child's mouth.
As the charges were read out they were installing TV screens in the courtroom - the children were obviously going to be giving video evidence.
Some of the jury were in tears (even when they were told they would never have to do jury service ever again.)
Fortunately for me I didn't have to stay but I wonder if "juror" should be a profession.
Round up the usual suspects.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Jury Service

Post by 19times »

Dim wasn't too pleased when I seen him today, he asked when told him and he burst out laughing and then said brilliant :nana

I just agreed :Very Happy