rambo1 wrote:Grinder64 wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:So Royal Mail never fails to disappoint. Instead of keeping us informed they elect to paint the blackest picture possible (and sometimes so does the CWU) and then when it turns out not that bad, some think we have dodged a bullet.
Same old, same old.
Precisely. Anyone remember the hullabaloo when D2D payments were removed as well as the cap on 3 per week? All hell rightly broke loose and so to quell and pacify the ire someone, somewhere calculated and circulated the rumour that 'they will come pre-prepared in one envelope'. Subsequently the changes agreed and lo and behold, 7 D2Ds potentially, no envelope or any combining method and most front line foot soldiers sold a pup. The bottom line is that every single change that RM have instigated or imposed in recent years has had a negative effect on the working conditions and quality of life of the majority of postal workers and I have no reason to suspect that the corporate mindset will ever tip the balance in our favour. Heads they win, tails we lose.
Have you ever actually worked out over a full yr, if you used to get more money for d2d than you do now? I reckon I probably get more now, there's 6weeks a yr for a start that I get it when I didn't used to. Realistically, how many people get more than 3 lots EVERY week? The only ones shafted are the part timers who should really get the same as full time as they deliver the same. Same old thing, people kick a fuss up when you get six lots (maybe twice a year) and tend to forget about the weeks you don't get any (and still get paid).
LOL....Being a saddo I used to put them in an excel sheet to answer exactly this question.
In my last full year April to April my stats were summarized thus:
Total weeks worked = 40 = 240 days. (I was on Rota Wally week)
1 week@6
3weeks@5
10weeks@4
10weeks@3
13weeks@2
3weeks@0
Oddly, never had a single week with a lonely single one!
Average over working year was 2.95 per week.
Total days sick 5/240 = 2.1%
Total days went over: 9 = 3.75%
Total days early (includes early starting and breaks and is based on contracted hours for that particular day) 164 = 68.3%
Total Days on time (if I finished within 7.5 minutes over/under i.e. my finishing time was in the centre of a 15-minute span.) 62 = 25.4%
Bank Hols when I was not on rota/leave are counted as 'on time'.
There ya go! D2D's less than 3 a week, usually thrown off when I got back early Saturdays in advance, in RM time.
P.S. Sorry forgot to add, this doesn't include separately- paid electoral matter.