And this was partly down to NEW LABOUR but also a change in people's perceived class ie Sierra man, Mondeo man ie a man that can have a nice house and car and kid's and a good life and future life with a pension. That has all changed with the globalisation and how bank's can be saved by interventionism but our steel plant's cannot and can go to waste like the coal mines just to put people in their place in the pecking order. Not only this but the very fabric of our nation is now being unravelled by immigration and that put's demands upon services that are hard pressed already. Their is no one party that can tackle all of this but one party has made it worse for all the CONSERVATIVE PARTY with the aid and abetting of the LIB DEMS but UKIP will make this country worse they cannot stop fighting themselves at the moment never mind for the UK.dvbuk55 wrote:I too feel that the labour party has been hijacked by whoever is convinced that left wing policies are the way forward and I don't know how that has happened. In part I suppose, like many labour supporters and a once long time member you get older and less active and don't go to meetings. In my defence in my town of some fair size there is no longer a labour club where all meetings used to be held and social functions too both labour and trade union. Probably the downfall of both.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
I was once a Sierra man, in fact two Sierras man, one after the other. I've owned my own home for more than 40 years, have three children, a car and no debt. I still consider myself a working class bloke and up until this time have always voted labour. I have never considered myself as middle class nor voted Tory or any other party in local or general elections. I consider myself quite ordinary, I have three sheds and a dog but I don't wear a flat cap. To have what I have I have worked extremely hard over the years and I am sad to see the labour party in the state it's in due to a man of low intelligence without a shred of leadership qualities.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4145
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
They've never had any power, and it seems likely they never will now, so how will they make the "country worse"?k979aaa wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:but UKIP will make this country worse they cannot stop fighting themselves at the moment never mind for the UK.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
By division and rhetoric.Tman wrote:They've never had any power, and it seems likely they never will now, so how will they make the "country worse"?k979aaa wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:but UKIP will make this country worse they cannot stop fighting themselves at the moment never mind for the UK.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Not having a go at you those were the time's and you were lucky with those time's and as you say hard working but time's have changed.dvbuk55 wrote:I was once a Sierra man, in fact two Sierras man, one after the other. I've owned my own home for more than 40 years, have three children, a car and no debt. I still consider myself a working class bloke and up until this time have always voted labour. I have never considered myself as middle class nor voted Tory or any other party in local or general elections. I consider myself quite ordinary, I have three sheds and a dog but I don't wear a flat cap. To have what I have I have worked extremely hard over the years and I am sad to see the labour party in the state it's in due to a man of low intelligence without a shred of leadership qualities.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Actually tman, k979 made the quote about ukip not meTman wrote:They've never had any power, and it seems likely they never will now, so how will they make the "country worse"?k979aaa wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:but UKIP will make this country worse they cannot stop fighting themselves at the moment never mind for the UK.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Well spotted but I can live with that quote.dvbuk55 wrote:Actually tman, k979 made the quote about ukip not meTman wrote:They've never had any power, and it seems likely they never will now, so how will they make the "country worse"?k979aaa wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:but UKIP will make this country worse they cannot stop fighting themselves at the moment never mind for the UK.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
You say I was lucky with the times but nothing beats hard work and planning for the future k9. We didn't have fancy clothes, holidays, colour tv, a car or any fancy things because I was the only one working because my wife stayed at home to look after the children. Believe me we weren't lucky we worked hard to get what we had.k979aaa wrote:Not having a go at you those were the time's and you were lucky with those time's and as you say hard working but time's have changed.dvbuk55 wrote:I was once a Sierra man, in fact two Sierras man, one after the other. I've owned my own home for more than 40 years, have three children, a car and no debt. I still consider myself a working class bloke and up until this time have always voted labour. I have never considered myself as middle class nor voted Tory or any other party in local or general elections. I consider myself quite ordinary, I have three sheds and a dog but I don't wear a flat cap. To have what I have I have worked extremely hard over the years and I am sad to see the labour party in the state it's in due to a man of low intelligence without a shred of leadership qualities.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Saw PMQs today. Jezza really socked it to Tess she said it was like being savaged by a toothless sheep on mogadon 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
I see he's fallen hook, line and sinker for Johnson's trap.
The best thing to do when an idiot makes a fool of himself is stand back and let him, don't wade in and legitimise his nonsense with more nonsense of your own. Protest outside the Russian embassy Boris?, like Putin gives a f**k, protest outside the US embassy Jeremy, like Obama/Clinton/Trump gives a f**k....
The best thing to do when an idiot makes a fool of himself is stand back and let him, don't wade in and legitimise his nonsense with more nonsense of your own. Protest outside the Russian embassy Boris?, like Putin gives a f**k, protest outside the US embassy Jeremy, like Obama/Clinton/Trump gives a f**k....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Never said you had it easy just try being 18 years old today it would be a hell of a lot harder if you had no family or support.dvbuk55 wrote:You say I was lucky with the times but nothing beats hard work and planning for the future k9. We didn't have fancy clothes, holidays, colour tv, a car or any fancy things because I was the only one working because my wife stayed at home to look after the children. Believe me we weren't lucky we worked hard to get what we had.k979aaa wrote:Not having a go at you those were the time's and you were lucky with those time's and as you say hard working but time's have changed.dvbuk55 wrote:I was once a Sierra man, in fact two Sierras man, one after the other. I've owned my own home for more than 40 years, have three children, a car and no debt. I still consider myself a working class bloke and up until this time have always voted labour. I have never considered myself as middle class nor voted Tory or any other party in local or general elections. I consider myself quite ordinary, I have three sheds and a dog but I don't wear a flat cap. To have what I have I have worked extremely hard over the years and I am sad to see the labour party in the state it's in due to a man of low intelligence without a shred of leadership qualities.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
At 18 I had been in the army for two years and during my early service the pay was 37 and a half PENCE a week. As a serviceman the pay was terrible and when I left the army I had no savings whatsoever at 27, no house and no furniture. My council fortunately gave ex-servicemen priority for housing and the furniture came from second hand shops and relatives. I had to live in that council house for 3 years until I'd saved enough for a deposit to buy a house. I worked 6 and 7 days a week to afford the mortgage. I would go back to being 18 again in a heartbeat k9 and rather than expect the nation to be my nanny I would do exactly the same again, earn my keep, pay my way and look after my family without the benefit of socialism in extremis.k979aaa wrote:Never said you had it easy just try being 18 years old today it would be a hell of a lot harder if you had no family or support.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Yuh huh. I am nowhere near dvbuk's years but if i were 18 now, life would be a doddle compared to how it was even a couple of decades ago when I was. So poor 18 year old nowadays can't get on the housing ladder - well boo-hoo for him. Work harder, basically. Previous generations did.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Thank's for your input to this thread wannabe. You sound like a real go-getter.wannabeek wrote:Yuh huh. I am nowhere near dvbuk's years but if i were 18 now, life would be a doddle compared to how it was even a couple of decades ago when I was. So poor 18 year old nowadays can't get on the housing ladder - well boo-hoo for him. Work harder, basically. Previous generations did.
Jesus wept
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Maybe it was because I had been a soldier and the aim was to achieve whatever objective was set at whatever cost. After the army, you then set your own objectives to be achieved and prioritised whatever action was necessary to have what you wanted. The important thing is not to rely on others to give you what you want but create the circumstances that enables you to have those things you want.jetblack wrote: You sound like a real go-getter.