ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Seniority after broken service?
-
super-postie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Seniority after broken service?
As long as u were a cwu grade then leave entitlement stands.
-
super-postie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Seniority after broken service?
Don can request archive search. You have to pay. So I was told by HR.
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Seniority after broken service?
Not according to HR when i spoke to them.
They were more than happy to do a search there and then but said they have no access to information held if it's over a long time ago.
It was them that suggested trying pensions dept and then they suggested contacting tax office as they had no archive records either.
They were more than happy to do a search there and then but said they have no access to information held if it's over a long time ago.
It was them that suggested trying pensions dept and then they suggested contacting tax office as they had no archive records either.
-
roger
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 17 Feb 2007, 18:51
Seniority after broken service?
How can they calculate someone's pension if they don't know how long that person has worked for Royal Mail.Mezza wrote:Not according to HR when i spoke to them.
They were more than happy to do a search there and then but said they have no access to information held if it's over a long time ago.
It was them that suggested trying pensions dept and then they suggested contacting tax office as they had no archive records either.
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Seniority after broken service?
My original service was less than 5 years and apparently you don't pay into (or didn't back in 1985) a proper pension as such till after 5 years. So because of that they said there was no record of pension payments or that I cashed it out when I left
-
buntin
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Seniority after broken service?
I find it hard to believe in a day and age where we can trace a fella back to serving our country in world war 1 our hr department cant find any trace of employees that worked for the company 15 or 20 years ago !! They really are useless.
-
barrychuckle
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 17:40
Seniority after broken service?
I took EVR 7 years ago and rejoined part time. Does my previous 24 years service count towards leave entitlement despite taking EVR.
-
barrychuckle
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 17:40
Seniority after broken service?
My area union rep nor the DOM have heard of this. So I'm going to call HR. I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be.barrychuckle wrote:I took EVR 7 years ago and rejoined part time. Does my previous 24 years service count towards leave entitlement despite taking EVR.
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Seniority after broken service?
Quote section 4 of the Way Forward Agreement:
All periods of service on a temporary or permanent contract (with periods of casual service included only if they run continuously into a temporary or permanent contract), except for those on unpaid leave, SPPR, or with HM Forces exceeding 15 days, will count towards calculating leave due. Previous periods of PO service may be counted for this purpose.
For part-years worked, or where the entitlement changes mid-year, the entitlement will be calculated pro-rata to the proportion(s) of the year worked, rounded to the nearest half day
All periods of service on a temporary or permanent contract (with periods of casual service included only if they run continuously into a temporary or permanent contract), except for those on unpaid leave, SPPR, or with HM Forces exceeding 15 days, will count towards calculating leave due. Previous periods of PO service may be counted for this purpose.
For part-years worked, or where the entitlement changes mid-year, the entitlement will be calculated pro-rata to the proportion(s) of the year worked, rounded to the nearest half day
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 421
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Seniority after broken service?
I have just registered with the Governments online tax service to check my pension and National Insurance details, https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/.
Whilst on the site you are able to view your national insurance record and it lists the years you have either paid enough NI payments to make it a qualifying year. The years I clicked stated that I had a qualifying year but importantly they listed where the payments came from (Royal Mail).
So if anybody needs to prove they were employed by Royal Mail they could try registering themselves and viewing their records for themselves to gather supporting evidence.
I hope this helps.
Whilst on the site you are able to view your national insurance record and it lists the years you have either paid enough NI payments to make it a qualifying year. The years I clicked stated that I had a qualifying year but importantly they listed where the payments came from (Royal Mail).
So if anybody needs to prove they were employed by Royal Mail they could try registering themselves and viewing their records for themselves to gather supporting evidence.
I hope this helps.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Seniority after broken service?
Thanks very much for that link Mr Hil - a lot of useful information, and its even put my mind at rest regards State Pension.
Didn't know the service existed and its a brilliant find. Take a bow

Didn't know the service existed and its a brilliant find. Take a bow
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Seniority after broken service?
Thanks for that Mr Hill,
I have just registered and although i can see the years i have paid NI in they don't show details of the employer, just that i have paid a full year from paid employment.
Oh well will just have to wait for the tax office to reply in about a year i guess.
I have just registered and although i can see the years i have paid NI in they don't show details of the employer, just that i have paid a full year from paid employment.
Oh well will just have to wait for the tax office to reply in about a year i guess.