If you finish early then you can not complain about extra work. I do not step over fences or walls take short cuts across grass verges, I take my breaks and I work my hours if I go over I get o/t. Some posties who do my walk get done early because they ignore safety do not take breaks drive to fast bonkers IMO.. I welcome any manager to walk around with me and tell me I am doing anything wrong but I doubt they would fancy four hours plus in the rain when they could be drinking tea in the warm and reading the paper.postslippete wrote:Our office works out an individuals prep time on how much overtime staff have claimed on delivery the previous day
So the guys that get their round done quicker usually get sh*fted with extra indoor work; whilst if you plod along and talk to customers the chances are you don't get to do any sorting or extra prepping.
I find that bonkers when we are all paid the same hourly rate for the same job, but the fact is, in today's Royal Mail it really doesn't pay to be really efficient at your job.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Prep time caculation
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Prep time caculation
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Prep time caculation
Which begs the question,what is its purpose,if it is just an arbitrary figure?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The formula and process is all part of the indoor work tool. However, its a planning and resourcing tool, not a dictate written in stone. If it takes you more than the plan, or less, then there is nothing they can do officially.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Prep time caculation
its purpose is to aid them in planning and resourcing, and we all have opinions on how well they do that.rubberbond wrote:Which begs the question,what is its purpose,if it is just an arbitrary figure?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The formula and process is all part of the indoor work tool. However, its a planning and resourcing tool, not a dictate written in stone. If it takes you more than the plan, or less, then there is nothing they can do officially.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Prep time caculation
Lol!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:its purpose is to aid them in planning and resourcing, and we all have opinions on how well they do that.