ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
still no news on dave mitchell
-
tomthum
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 21 Apr 2016, 21:39
- Gender: Female
still no news on dave mitchell
thanks for clearing that up much happier with the outcome now
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
still no news on dave mitchell
The first area ballot was a disorganised shambles leading to a very poor result leaving Mr Mitchell with very few options.tomthum wrote:so again its just people coming on here whinging about the union and not knowing the procedures
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
tomthum
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 21 Apr 2016, 21:39
- Gender: Female
still no news on dave mitchell
disorganised? in what way?
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
still no news on dave mitchell
Possibly maybe.tomthum wrote:so again its just people coming on here whinging about the union and not knowing the procedures
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
Broxi51
- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
- Location: Scotland
still no news on dave mitchell
Union rep read out a letter from the branch secretary Scotland No.2 branch this morning stating that RM & David Mitchell had signed a settlement deal.
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
The time has come for union.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
still no news on dave mitchell
I hope its a much better deal than the compensation insult they gave him in the hope he would just say nowt and leave. and I hope they've exonerated him from theft.Broxi51 wrote:Union rep read out a letter from the branch secretary Scotland No.2 branch this morning stating that RM & David Mitchell had signed a settlement deal.
-
Broxi51
- Posts: 1154
- Joined: 30 Jul 2007, 19:04
- Location: Scotland
still no news on dave mitchell
This was on Facebook today.
https://www.facebook.com/Deliver-Justic ... CH&fref=nf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi folks, its been a few months since I've had any news worth posting but today brings closure to this long and upsetting saga with Royal Mail.
An agreement between myself and Royal Mail has been reached and there will be no more said about the matter.
I would like to thank all you amazing people who have supported me and my family from the start of this journey and continue to do so,
as well as all the hard working posties out there who have been behind me,
and a special mention to the Cupar posties who went out on strike on two separate occasions for me, thanks guys. Dave
https://www.facebook.com/Deliver-Justic ... CH&fref=nf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi folks, its been a few months since I've had any news worth posting but today brings closure to this long and upsetting saga with Royal Mail.
An agreement between myself and Royal Mail has been reached and there will be no more said about the matter.
I would like to thank all you amazing people who have supported me and my family from the start of this journey and continue to do so,
as well as all the hard working posties out there who have been behind me,
and a special mention to the Cupar posties who went out on strike on two separate occasions for me, thanks guys. Dave
The time has come to stop turning the other cheek, time to stop shaking our heads in bitter dismay, time to stop mumbling our angry words.
The time has come for union.
The time has come for union.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
still no news on dave mitchell
What would be sufficient compensation/pay off for being treated like this ?
£75k ??
Higher - lower ?
£75k ??
Higher - lower ?
Last edited by jetblack on 26 Oct 2016, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
still no news on dave mitchell
All pension payments up to retirement age, and pay the same. That would be my demand. Whether or not I would get it would be debatable.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
still no news on dave mitchell
I'm over the moon he's got a settlement and I'm glad he's got closure....but it has to be said, its still a victory for those bastards that stitched him up and wanted him out. he's gone, which was their goal. no more to be said on the matter which is effectively RM getting away with it, because it can't be brought to light....pack of Jeremy's.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
still no news on dave mitchell
Agreed.daveyeff wrote:I'm over the moon he's got a settlement and I'm glad he's got closure....but it has to be said, its still a victory for those bastards that stitched him up and wanted him out. he's gone, which was their goal. no more to be said on the matter which is effectively RM getting away with it, because it can't be brought to light....pack of Jeremy's.
However, I suppose you could say that at least if we (you or I) were to be in the unfortunate position of being sacked for, apparently, absolutely no reason whatsoever (and slandered in the process), at least there would seem to be a reasonable chance that we would receive satisfactory recompense.
Actually - scrub that- this is a crap outcome for us that are remaining.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
still no news on dave mitchell
It's a crap outcome for Dave Mitchell, still branded a thief and still out of a job...
The fact that the guy was left with little option but to accept the offer does nothing for anybody's job security, least said about the branch the better, I'm not exactly flavour of the month at the No 2 social club as it is.
The fact that the guy was left with little option but to accept the offer does nothing for anybody's job security, least said about the branch the better, I'm not exactly flavour of the month at the No 2 social club as it is.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
still no news on dave mitchell
Well, I reckon that would depend on the payout.fishtank wrote:It's a crap outcome for Dave Mitchell,
If TBT terms were met that would be well over £250k for anyone aged 55 or less. Management could call me what they wanted for quarter of a million - I'd be laughing all the way to the bank - and retired thanyou very much
As for Dave Mitchell had no choice - there is always a choice. A lot of us would have gone all the way on this one.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
still no news on dave mitchell
The branch balloted the area just to see how many would have "gone all the way".jetblack wrote:A lot of us would have gone all the way on this one.
It wasn't pretty.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
still no news on dave mitchell
It was a majority, was it not ?fishtank wrote:The branch balloted the area just to see how many would have "gone all the way".jetblack wrote:A lot of us would have gone all the way on this one.
It wasn't pretty.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do