ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
One wave
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
One wave
SpacePhoenix wrote:Probably one potential side affect of one wave will the the closure of every DO that can't handle 17tonners
We can't handle enough CDVs and we are still here, undeployed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
One wave
A person who knows what they are doing could spot a few of those activities on a GPS track,as long as they know the layout of the walk.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:If only the PDA showed which OPGs are making some deliveries look more achievable by...wannabeek wrote: Surely they will be able to use this new PDA info to see how long deliveries are now. I cannot see how they can possibly get the savings they hope for - in our neck of the woods anyway.
Not taking their outdoor (and possibly indoor) paid break and then not accounting for any of it as regards any potential overtime claim (and then ironically come in on their day off, having given ~50% of a shift free in taking no breaks the rest of the week)
Flicking through the current mail bundle to get the mail for the next address while walking, risking a trip because they are not looking where they are going, breaking H&S protocol
Leaving their LWT/HCT unattended for more than 1/10mins respectively
Using pouches on their shoulder, for sections that do not include blocks of flats, that also weigh more than the permitted 5Kg
Leaving mail in insecure places like inside unlocked porches
etc.
That's easily greater than 60mins outdoor span that could be getting hidden (excluding not taking the indoor break) outside Xmas pressure!
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
One wave
I don't think TBT meant that and anyway we can't afford to ever accept that any major change is not negotiableUnhappyGremlin wrote:I believe discussions are on going and being held privately.
I also believe that what TBT said is correct, but that it isn't open for negotiation.
RM want it, and aren't up for anything less.
One wave is cheaper and more efficient, RM's current position on everything.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
One wave
Don't think you understood what I was saying.geordieboy123 wrote:I don't think TBT meant that and anyway we can't afford to ever accept that any major change is not negotiableUnhappyGremlin wrote:I believe discussions are on going and being held privately.
I also believe that what TBT said is correct, but that it isn't open for negotiation.
RM want it, and aren't up for anything less.
One wave is cheaper and more efficient, RM's current position on everything.
TBT said:
Well they must have some plan because they are not going to 1 pass without start times slipping, and they aren't going to "Desk Top merging" without it all coming sequenced. Frighteningly RM want both of these, its not an either or.
Which I agree with.
It is my opinion that as far as RM is concerned, One Pass will happen, and any changes required to facilitate will do too. If that means later start times, then that's what will happen.
One pass, sequencing mail and desk top merging ,it all goes hand in hand together. There is no point in RM achieving one of these.
It may be that we get a gradual implementation, but all will happen.
The only room for negotiation will be timetables for this, and maintaining T&C's etc. in exchange.
It also allows RM to have mail enter into the system later for processing, so later collections will follow, especially for big posting customers. Some major firms (like next) already do.
RM are trying to follow other delivery companies in everything they do, and unfortunately for us, they won't stop.
And we will suffer as a result.
The Union now has one massive priority, and that is damage limitation, because I can't see RM backing down, or slowing down, in pursuit of their aims.
Nor can I see staff having the stomach for the very large fight we have heading towards us.
Sad but true.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12202
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
One wave
It's either 1 pass or sequenced, can't have both, physically not possible. More likely is 1 wave so some DOs won't be delivering their sequenced mail the day it arrives as it won't arrive at them in timeUnhappyGremlin wrote:One pass, sequencing mail and desk top merging ,it all goes hand in hand together. There is no point in RM achieving one of these.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
One wave
Well yea 1 passume and full sequenced are totally differentSpacePhoenix wrote:It's either 1 pass or sequenced, can't have both, physically not possible. More likely is 1 wave so some DOs won't be delivering their sequenced mail the day it arrives as it won't arrive at them in timeUnhappyGremlin wrote:One pass, sequencing mail and desk top merging ,it all goes hand in hand together. There is no point in RM achieving one of these.
We are f****d let's face it. I'm blaming everyone who runs around skips breaks and takes lapsing