NopeRobbie1965 wrote:can you take annual leave during pressure period
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas Bonus
-
theargyspy
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: UK
Christmas Bonus
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Christmas Bonus
Robbie1965 wrote:can you take annual leave during pressure period
Christmas Pressure - No - unless you are a new starter and you advised recruitment during the hiring process.
I think it forms part of our contract that no annual leave is taken at this time because of the threefold (and more) increase in daily traffic levels.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Christmas Bonus
I've seen some people have their annual leave at Christmas, but then our annual leave is allocated to us, we don't get to choose...
On the topic of Christmas bonus too, I only got £100 last year despite doing 50ish hour weeks most of the year...
On the topic of Christmas bonus too, I only got £100 last year despite doing 50ish hour weeks most of the year...
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Christmas Bonus
Chewster wrote:I've seen some people have their annual leave at Christmas, but then our annual leave is allocated to us, we don't get to choose...
On the topic of Christmas bonus too, I only got £100 last year despite doing 50ish hour weeks most of the year...
Its based on contract hours, not worked hours. However, if your hours are increased with a temporary contract then you get the increased hours. So contract hours count, even temporary increases, but ad-hoc, informal (like when the managers says claim extra hours each week) don't.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Christmas Bonus
is it 200 quid this year again?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Christmas Bonus
yeswindermeredave wrote:is it 200 quid this year again?
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Christmas Bonus
I always thought that while it's based on your contract, your actual worked hours were taken into account too? Isn't that what pro rata means or am I grossly misinformed?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Chewster wrote:I've seen some people have their annual leave at Christmas, but then our annual leave is allocated to us, we don't get to choose...
On the topic of Christmas bonus too, I only got £100 last year despite doing 50ish hour weeks most of the year...
Its based on contract hours, not worked hours. However, if your hours are increased with a temporary contract then you get the increased hours. So contract hours count, even temporary increases, but ad-hoc, informal (like when the managers says claim extra hours each week) don't.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Christmas Bonus
pro rata is done on your contract hours not actual hours worked. if you are made ft for month of dec u will recieve full xmas bonus otherwise it will be paid pro rata on your contract hours.Chewster wrote:I always thought that while it's based on your contract, your actual worked hours were taken into account too? Isn't that what pro rata means or am I grossly misinformed?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Chewster wrote:I've seen some people have their annual leave at Christmas, but then our annual leave is allocated to us, we don't get to choose...
On the topic of Christmas bonus too, I only got £100 last year despite doing 50ish hour weeks most of the year...
Its based on contract hours, not worked hours. However, if your hours are increased with a temporary contract then you get the increased hours. So contract hours count, even temporary increases, but ad-hoc, informal (like when the managers says claim extra hours each week) don't.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Christmas Bonus
The Royal Mail pay directive states :Chewster wrote:I always thought that while it's based on your contract, your actual worked hours were taken into account too? Isn't that what pro rata means or am I grossly misinformed?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Chewster wrote:I've seen some people have their annual leave at Christmas, but then our annual leave is allocated to us, we don't get to choose...
On the topic of Christmas bonus too, I only got £100 last year despite doing 50ish hour weeks most of the year...
Its based on contract hours, not worked hours. However, if your hours are increased with a temporary contract then you get the increased hours. So contract hours count, even temporary increases, but ad-hoc, informal (like when the managers says claim extra hours each week) don't.
The payment is a flat rate of £100 per person (paid pro-rata to part time employees and will be paid on Friday 17th December 2010. The payment is not consolidated , neither is it reckonable for overtime , allowances , SA , nor pension purposes. It is liable for tax and National insurance.
Part time employees are entitled to the Xmas supplement on a pro rata basis. They will receive the payment pro rata to a full time (Eg 40/39 5/39 hours ) week according to their contracted hours on the date payment is made. Part time employees that vary their contractual hours and work full time for a two week period during the Christmas pressure period will be paid the full Christmas supplement.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.