TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Get rid of the frames, flats come with the sequence and any manual letters or small packets are added "on the bench", of course marking for large packets and specials as needed.
What is a bench and how do u add parcels and manual without a frame?
The bench will be a table "designed" for our use, but no frame on it.
Flick through the sequenced items and add mark as preferred.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Get rid of the frames, flats come with the sequence and any manual letters or small packets are added "on the bench", of course marking for large packets and specials as needed.
What is a bench and how do u add parcels and manual without a frame?
The bench will be a table "designed" for our use, but no frame on it.
Flick through the sequenced items and add mark as preferred.
That seems MORE time consuming!
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
It certainly does. I might have 30 - 40 DVD's or catalogues and can't imagine flicking though bundles to insert these, as well as locating right letters to turn for large packets.
There's also the issue of the actual sequence of the mail. My duty covers three different towns/villages and the way I do it depends on where the specials are.
I can't go to one town to deliver a special then do other towns and go back to the first. I change the route daily.
I find the whole idea of bench sorting/bundling mind-boggling.
Royal Mails wet dream is that 95%+ of letters and flats and small packets will arrive in sequenced boxes in a specific order. Therefore they believe that there will be a minimum of prep and IPS to do, and that basically you pick up your boxes, then either merge on the table, or even in the back of the van
Of course when reality hits theory it gets very messy. Still even if we get something approaching this at least we won't have to work with the managers as long as we do now.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
The reality is bigger deliveries! If we are all getting thinner now with all year lapsing, then we are all going to look like we have come out of Japanese POW camps in the next 5 years
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Our office now only offers contracts with driving specified. All contracts in the office now have driving specified, except for 5 of the old timers who don't drive.
As for all this rubbish about no indoor sorting, that's never going to happen. Even if they by some miracle manage to make it work, it will HAVE to go out the window every christmas, a sorting machine won't be able to tell you where "Uncle George in the wee house with the green door" lives.
elteleltel wrote:Why would you need to "mark" a letter to denote a packet /parcel ?.Surely just have those in order in the van and remember the next item
I get over 50 over size packets most days. If they don't bulk out the blipper, I can just about get them in Walk order, then theres the ones I get in the bag. As I m a float theres no way I can remember the walk sequence as I go.
Chewster wrote:Our office now only offers contracts with driving specified. All contracts in the office now have driving specified, except for 5 of the old timers who don't drive
As for all this rubbish about no indoor sorting, that's never going to happen. Even if they by some miracle manage to make it work, it will HAVE to go out the window every christmas, a sorting machine won't be able to tell you where "Uncle George in the wee house with the green door" lives.
That's what kill off stickers are for... In the new royal mail. No personal service any more.