ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

bulk split between delveries

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

bulk split between delveries

Post by WOBBLY »

ScousePostie wrote:
WOBBLY wrote:
ScousePostie wrote:
elteleltel wrote:When I was off sick 6 months back with a busted ankle I saw a colleague of mine who incidentally i get on well with running on my round .I was bloody annoyed but what can you do ...
Just out of interest. I see 'runners' used a lot on this forum. I'm wondering when you say you saw him 'running' do you mean walking at a very high pace or, actually running? This isn't being picky, I'm genuinely curious.
'runners' is a kind of generalised name used for the posties that don't do the job properly - come in early, cut corners, prep D2Ds the day before, don't take break etc...... but we do have posties that actually run in our office! :no no
I must admit. I do prep D2Ds the day before IF we've come back early from delivery. We are actually encouraged to do this by management.
Thats a little different if you've come back early! Management are entitled to give you work to take you to your finish time. I'm surprised though, I can't remember the last time I got back to the office early!!
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

bulk split between delveries

Post by cpsteve »

Easy duties for older posties are a thing of the past its do or die now. With the growth of our packet delivery service it could be good to have less able posties like this guy doing just packet delivery 9ams and prep and slightly longer non postable packet walks.