ellzbellz wrote:
He left the van unattended yet again today causing me to be 15 minutes behind on my loop to stay with it. (Couldve walked off but wanted to save my ass) and didn't seem apologetic when I explained yet again the importance of it. You wouldn't leave your car open and running whilst you went in to do a weekly shop!
I'd have taken the key out of the van, locked it and got on with my loop - if he had to wait for you to get back tough!!
I'm so glad I'm on a singleton van duty, the stress and problems I've seen with this p&l crap is unreal!!
You have had a word its not changed him its only a matter of time before he gets the sack he may end up getting you into trouble if you cover up for him tell the manager we need quality staff not fly by nights.
by what i have read you and others have bent over backwards to help this person out and this person ignores everyones advice i think it`s time for the dom and a chat in the office . Any more mistakes van running and doorstepping and its goodbye some people can`t be helped.
fishtank wrote:Not sure why people want permission from us to grass someone up, if that's your thing go for it, not my thing though, I'm not perfect.
If he left a van running with the keys in that's an open invite for a joyrider or the like and potentially fatal consquences for someone. That's enough for me to leave the playground morals against grassing behind.
That plus the guy seemingly has no respect for other people, their circumstances or their property.
fishtank wrote:Not sure why people want permission from us to grass someone up, if that's your thing go for it, not my thing though, I'm not perfect.
If he left a van running with the keys in that's an open invite for a joyrider or the like and potentially fatal consquences for someone. That's enough for me to leave the playground morals against grassing behind.
That plus the guy seemingly has no respect for other people, their circumstances or their property.
On Friday the court was told a postman was delivering letters in the Charterhouse area and left his vehicle unlocked.
“You saw it was closed but it was unlocked and Mr Pitt [the postman] lost his job as a result of the theft.
Tara Lightfoot, the mother-of-two and the other driver involved in the incident, reported seeing the van coming towards her travelling ‘too fast to stay on the right side of the road’.
The court was told she was unable to avoid the crash because the van was travelling ‘too fast’.
Her air bag opened, her two children Jake and Mia were ‘screaming’ and her car filled with smoke inside.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank wrote:Not sure why people want permission from us to grass someone up, if that's your thing go for it, not my thing though, I'm not perfect.
If he left a van running with the keys in that's an open invite for a joyrider or the like and potentially fatal consquences for someone. That's enough for me to leave the playground morals against grassing behind.
That plus the guy seemingly has no respect for other people, their circumstances or their property.
One side of the story.
How do we know what's went down.
Why ask our advice?
fishtank wrote:Not sure why people want permission from us to grass someone up, if that's your thing go for it, not my thing though, I'm not perfect.
If he left a van running with the keys in that's an open invite for a joyrider or the like and potentially fatal consquences for someone. That's enough for me to leave the playground morals against grassing behind.
That plus the guy seemingly has no respect for other people, their circumstances or their property.
One side of the story.
How do we know what's went down.
Why ask our advice?
That's not playground morals, it's common sense.
And that's why I started my sentence with If and use words like seemingly.
"Playground antics" and "grassing" aside, I've spoken to the DOM and he's on the 3 c's now due to not collecting boxes, customer complaints etc etc. I feel it's a shame as I know how daunting it can be starting a new job in RM. But, hopefully a kick up the bum will help and if not, then he ain't gonna be around long to add to the Xmas mayhem!