ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM Dr Martens Tred Boots

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: RM Dr Martens Tred Boots

Post by wannabeek »

NewPostieUK wrote:
norm wrote:
wannabeek wrote: the tread was too soft meaning they wore out prematurely long before the rest of the boot.
I find that, but I'll take that any day when they are as good as they are in the wet, ie not at all slippy. This is the biggest thing for me in work footwear, they all seem to be slippy except for the Doc's. Magnums and Cat trainers are downright dangerous.

I can't really disagree with the statement as I have no knowledge of these trial boots. Not me that said it tho, it was this dude wot said that the DM boots were not so hot.
norm wrote:
wannabeek wrote:I love the old DM boots. Took forever to break in but now I finally have, they're the best I've ever had. Are these trial ones ones better in your opinion than the old DM boots?
Yeah in pretty much every aspect. In my experience the old DM boots took ages to break in, they leaked badly even with copious amounts of dubbin. The collar at the back was too stiff on them which rubbed my achilles and the tread was too soft meaning they wore out prematurely long before the rest of the boot.

These new boots feel durable but comfortable which is a great balance.
I still love my old DM boots. Seems I'll have to treasure them more if they are irreplaceable.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: RM Dr Martens Tred Boots

Post by NewPostieUK »

wannabeek wrote: I can't really disagree with the statement as I have no knowledge of these trial boots. Not me that said it tho, it was this dude wot said that the DM boots were not so hot.
Ha, sorry, got the quotes mixed up.

The new ones look and sound great (I haven't tried them either), it just seems strange that they've messed with a proven non-slip sole. I hope they haven't cocked up.