ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

what does loan mean on the Rota?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

what does loan mean on the Rota?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

CharlesSpooner wrote:
woking wrote:.and another thing we are so short staffed it doesn't make any sense.
Could be wrong but I think if your DOM "loans" someone to another office he gets the hours you normally work credited to his office as hours savings. If he can get the work you normally do covered for less hours (lapsing etc) or simply turn a blind eye to the work being done half-arsed or not at all then he's up on the deal and will be the blue eyed boy at his next conference call.
You're right CS. If you're "Loaned" to another DO any hours you're there come out of that DOs budget. In the meantime your "Old" DOM is quids in on his budget. It may not make sense to you Woking but RM don't really want one DO with more staff if there's another DO down the road who are even more short staffed. This used to be a great way for DOMs to get rid of a few Part Timers when the work dropped off. Then they could get them back when the work picked up. It was a great system for management but a lot more stressfull for the Posties whose getting moved about all the time. :no no
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

what does loan mean on the Rota?

Post by steve1873 »

woking wrote:
Nondescript wrote:Chances are you'll be thrown on a s**t duty, so if you agree to do overtime at the 'loan' office try to make sure that you get that office to put it through rather than your own manager. Or, as has been mentioned, you can just tell them that you want dropped off back at your 'home' office for your finish time and there's not a thing the feckless scourge of humanity can do about it.
yep i was informed this morning that as I'm a reserve I have to move to another office for a week.I've been given a choice of 2 office's none of which I know where they are.I told the Dom that my car is in for repair & it is so Dom said they would change my move to the following week,I said I wasn't sure if I'd have my car back by then as some major work had to be done on it (I was even questioned what the repairs were) I tried to explain that if the repairs cost to much I wouldn't be getting me car back as I can't afford a big repair bill.with that Dom raised its voice & was really quite rude saying that someone would have to take me & pick me up.11 months into this job & I'm sick of it.tempted to tell em to shove it.
Next time he comes away with pish like this simply reply, "Not my problem.... and oh can you get me a grievance form please, thanks!", smile then walk away.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

what does loan mean on the Rota?

Post by datasaint »

I don't mind working at different offices, but it should be done on a fair basis. I.e. everybody in the office is fair game.

We all get paid the same wage, do the same job, yet FTs are practically untouchable and wouldn't get moved, another example of the two-tier workforce.