http://www.cambstimes.co.uk/news/trekki ... _1_4693245" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A March postman has raised more than £2,100 by taking part in a 62 mile walk which took him 28 hours.
Nick Winterton successfully completed the South Coast Challenge which was joined by around 1,800 people in various distances.
He said: “ This was a really tough challenge, but with the stunning scenery I loved every second of it.
“The strength sapping heat, humidity, wind and rain made the conditions less than ideal for everyone. This along with hill after hill with loose coastal path rock probably goes some way to explaining why nearly a quarter of people in my event failed to finish.
“Thankfully my experience from previous walks left me better prepared than ever.
“I was worried about night nausea and dizziness again but the only problems I had were some blisters, bruised toenails and stiffness which was a massive relief.
“I get so many highlights from these events, but nothing ever tops the response that I get from everybody with their generosity and goodwill. I have to give a special thanks to Jandy’s toy shop and Royal Mail for their help.
“I’ve had more sponsors than ever before, and the money is still coming in.
“The total money raised over the years is over £9,500 and another challenge will hopefully break the £10,000 pound mark. If you can help seriously ill children and enjoy yourself then you really can’t lose can you?
I would recommend these events to anyone because they really are one of the most satisfying things you can do. I will hopefully be entering the Cotswold Way challenge next summer so watch this space.”
There were 1,003 in Nick’s challenge and he came 447th while 235 people failed to complete the challenge.
Previous challenges are the North Norfolk Coast, Hadrian’s Wall, The Dorset Jurassic Coast and London to Cambridge.
All money he raises goes to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trekking March postie delivers a fund raising high when he brings in more than 2.1k with a 28 hour walk
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Trekking March postie delivers a fund raising high when he brings in more than 2.1k with a 28 hour walk
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Trekking March postie delivers a fund raising high when he brings in more than 2.1k with a 28 hour walk
This lapsing lark is just ridiculous these days. 
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.