yes had a Rep in with me, for what it was worth, it was all done and dusted before I got in there really.
Get the offical outcome next week, certainly not holding my breath.
Anyway, onwards now, no point crying over spilt milk, got to look to the future, new challenges ahead
Thanks for all the comments folks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
advice please
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
advice please
Good luck for next week and of course should the worst come to the worst for the future.jogga wrote:yes had a Rep in with me, for what it was worth, it was all done and dusted before I got in there really.
Get the offical outcome next week, certainly not holding my breath.
Anyway, onwards now, no point crying over spilt milk, got to look to the future, new challenges ahead
Thanks for all the comments folks
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
advice please
Most of the folk I know that have got the sack from this firm have gone on to get another job and they seem to be much happier,good luck whatever the outcome.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
madmax1
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
- Gender: Male
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
advice please
And this is what happens when you rely on your local rep!!
I don't want to give the CWU a bad name because there are some really good reps out there who really know their stuff and hold regular Union meetings and keep members updated on everything that is happening. But at the moment we have got a new local rep and I find him a bit dodgy. I'm a very good judge of character and he seems to agree everything that the DOM wants behind closed doors and no-one knows exactly what he has signed. Some reps are really only looking out for themselves, and I hate to say it, but when you say it was done and dusted before you went in there; it doesn't suggest like this rep had got your back.
I don't want to give the CWU a bad name because there are some really good reps out there who really know their stuff and hold regular Union meetings and keep members updated on everything that is happening. But at the moment we have got a new local rep and I find him a bit dodgy. I'm a very good judge of character and he seems to agree everything that the DOM wants behind closed doors and no-one knows exactly what he has signed. Some reps are really only looking out for themselves, and I hate to say it, but when you say it was done and dusted before you went in there; it doesn't suggest like this rep had got your back.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
advice please
Hope this turns out OK for you Jogga. To threaten to sack someone over 3 binned Households is total BS! (I don't care what the small print says) IF we were all judged on carrying out our RM duties to 100% (and sacked if we didn't) there wouldn't be any Bugger left in the company!
Perhaps your DOMs got it in for you and is looking for an excuse to get rid of you?
I know I've often found Old Households in Bags and Vans and just binned them. Perhaps in future I should return to the DOM and he can instigate a Full Investigation FFS? 
Perhaps your DOMs got it in for you and is looking for an excuse to get rid of you?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
advice please
What reason did you give for doing it? I mean it's always going to arouse suspicion if a customer sees you putting something in their bin, they might think it's mail or whatever.
But anyway at this point admit full culpability, but make clear they were damaged surplus leaflets that you had to hand and put in the bin without thinking, maybe you were fatigued or had issues on your mind, and you were not trying to deceive anybody, you fully admit it and have 11 years clean record as you say.
Remember you can't get sacked for an honest mistake. Get your area rep on board and fight it.
But anyway at this point admit full culpability, but make clear they were damaged surplus leaflets that you had to hand and put in the bin without thinking, maybe you were fatigued or had issues on your mind, and you were not trying to deceive anybody, you fully admit it and have 11 years clean record as you say.
Remember you can't get sacked for an honest mistake. Get your area rep on board and fight it.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
advice please
That is madness. I find it unbelievable that if I accidentally rip a door to door taking it out of a bundle and decide to chuck it in the bin rather than deliver, I could get the sack? Are they serious?
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
advice please
i wonder if they searched 100 vans on a monday morning how many would have 1 damaged d2d in it, quite a few i'd guess, also how many left in tubs stacked and ready to be returned to mail center?
there's always 1000's left that didn't even leave the office!
sounds like they want to make an example out of you to show the saddo who reported you, bet they're right proud at the prospect of getting a long serving postie the sack over 3 damaged d2d's
there's always 1000's left that didn't even leave the office!
sounds like they want to make an example out of you to show the saddo who reported you, bet they're right proud at the prospect of getting a long serving postie the sack over 3 damaged d2d's
-
paulp
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 05 Mar 2010, 09:22
- Gender: Male
advice please
We've got a full skip of door to doors waiting to be emptied and 4 or 5 Yorks waiting to go in next skip in our yard
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
advice please
ive seen people throw the odd damaged d2d item in the bin before inside the office, no one says anything as its common sense.
-
Mightyaj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 21:25
- Gender: Male
advice please
norm wrote:What reason did you give for doing it? I mean it's always going to arouse suspicion if a customer sees you putting something in their bin, they might think it's mail or whatever.
But anyway at this point admit full culpability, but make clear they were damaged surplus leaflets that you had to hand and put in the bin without thinking, maybe you were fatigued or had issues on your mind, and you were not trying to deceive anybody, you fully admit it and have 11 years clean record as you say.
Remember you can't get sacked for an honest mistake. Get your area rep on board and fight it.
100% agree with this comment. I found 3 ripped door 2 doors and obviously thought no good anymore and therefore I took what I thought was the appropriate action which was binning them. Putting it into someones bin was wrong but again this is not a sackable offence. This was an accident and should therefore be no more than a warning.
If your telling the whole truth on what you did then please fight on as I'm 99% certain you can save your job.