ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Two posties needed to deliver Ollie Jones' first batch of birthday cards after appeal goes viral t

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Two posties needed to deliver Ollie Jones' first batch of birthday cards after appeal goes viral t

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/t ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Image

It took two postmen to deliver the hundreds of cards sent from across the country to Ollie Jones this morning.

Ollie, from Exmouth, turns 15 in the next few days.

This sudden influx of post comes after mum Karen Jones, 49, appealed to an Exmouth community site to see if anyone had a spare card they would send to her son.

Ms Jones described being "moved to tears" after Ollie showed her some cards he had made for himself earlier in the week, as he enjoyed opening them so much.

"We are only a small family of two and Ollie doesn't have any friends," she said, "I just thought I would put a post on Facebook but I have been so overwhelmed by the kindness and good will of people."

Within 24 hours the post had been shared more than 20,000 times across the social network with people as far as Essex and Dundee pledging to send a card for Ollie ahead of his 15th birthday.

Today was the second day since Ms Jones submitted the appeal and has already seen hundreds of cards sent. More cards are expected tomorrow.

The appeal has reached Twitter with kind-hearted people using the hashtag #cards4Ollie.

Yesterday Ms Jones said: "All I can say is thank you, the kindness, love and goodwill of everyone has been phenomenal."

Ollie, a pupil at Mill Water School near Budleigh, is just a "normal teenager", mum Karen says.

"He loves to walk his dog Poppy, he loves his X Box and loves music and arts and crafts," she said.

"I think he's going to have a brilliant time for his birthday, we've been joking he will be opening them all year."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.