baldrick wrote:, but he was a helicopter pilot with the US Rangers (a special forces unit) in Vietnam.
.
Think you'll find he went no further east than West Germany, and he'd left the services before Viet-Nam really got going.
I just googled it and you are right. He was stationed in West Germany. He did volunteer to go to Vietnam after that posting, but was assigned to go to West Point as an instructor. He resigned from the Army instead and became a commercial pilot for a while.
I must have assumed he was in Vietnam because a number of his songs are dedicated to Vietnam Veterans.
Last edited by baldrick on 24 Aug 2016, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
baldrick wrote:I did watch one episode of Nashville but couldn't get into it. I'll have another try.
You should listen to some kk. He does produce thought provoking stuff. He comes across as quite left wing, but he was a helicopter pilot with the US Rangers (a special forces unit) in Vietnam.
I like Merle Haggard and Dolly Parton too.
I'll give him a try.
Willie Nelson,.
Reading some of the googled stuff on kk, it says he is 80 now and suffering from memory loss, which might be due to oncoming dementia or alzheimers, but he was going to do a tour with Willie Nelson this summer.
baldrick wrote:I did watch one episode of Nashville but couldn't get into it. I'll have another try.
You should listen to some kk. He does produce thought provoking stuff. He comes across as quite left wing, but he was a helicopter pilot with the US Rangers (a special forces unit) in Vietnam.
I like Merle Haggard and Dolly Parton too.
I'll give him a try.
Willie Nelson,.
Reading some of the googled stuff on kk, it says he is 80 now and suffering from memory loss, which might be due to oncoming dementia or alzheimers, but he was going to do a tour with Willie Nelson this summer.
Well I'm ten years younger than he is and I can go out of the utility room door to go and get something from one of the sheds and not only have I forgotten what it is I'm going for but which shed it's in . I don't think that would stop him doing a tour his music would be second nature, when I play now not very often but I never forget the chords or the music I think because it's a progression.
Other passengers on that train have confirmed there weren't enough seats and they had to sit on the floor too.
It wouldn't happen to Owen Smith as he would be travelling First Class on the expenses he claims.
All Reserved - the bastard didn't use his position and sit in one.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Who would have thought Mr Corbyn was partial to pork pies. Just wonder how many pork pies have been involved in his campaign.
Only the one he may have eaten.
The empty ones that are reserved - taken from Virgins own CCTV.
All Reserved - the bastard didn't use his position and sit in one.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Who would have thought Mr Corbyn was partial to pork pies. Just wonder how many pork pies have been involved in his campaign.
Only the one he may have eaten.
The empty ones that are reserved - taken from Virgins own CCTV.
All Reserved - the bastard didn't use his position and sit in one.
Wrong! Very carefully framed still, the truth as he admitted on Sky at lunchtime that there WAS empty seats but not two together so he could sit with his wife, awww shame! A bullshitter will always be found out by the discerning media who have been looking for HONEST and STRAIGHTFORWARD politics and are still looking! "I was offered an upgrade to first class, but declined" - yes of course he did, being a man of the people and all that with a point to make about renationalising the railways which has backfired. Renationalising anything will be next to impossible it's just rhetoric for the Corbynistas.
Carefully framed still. I am afraid your utter contempt for him is stopping you doing even the basic reasearch. The photo is from Daily Mail, I can't see them framing it for his benefit.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Carefully framed still. I am afraid your utter contempt for him is stopping you doing even the basic reasearch. The photo is from Daily Mail, I can't see them framing it for his benefit.
No I'm afraid you failed to check who provided the picture to the Daily Mail unless of course they had a camera crew with him - oh and his fessing up that there was empty seats TBT - do we let that slip under the net, or should the corbynistas admit their hero was making the most of it rather than he and his wife sitting apart until such time adjacent seats became available.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Carefully framed still. I am afraid your utter contempt for him is stopping you doing even the basic reasearch. The photo is from Daily Mail, I can't see them framing it for his benefit.
No I'm afraid you failed to check who provided the picture to the Daily Mail unless of course they had a camera crew with him - oh and his fessing up that there was empty seats TBT - do we let that slip under the net, or should the corbynistas admit their hero was making the most of it rather than he and his wife sitting apart until such time adjacent seats became available.
Virgin Trains provided the CCTV, which this was taken from.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Whatever the "ah yeah buts" and "whatevers" the old fool was sitting (and happily photographed) on a dirty train floor like some ageing hippy when he didn't need to.
A whole to new meaning to getting "down and dirty wiv me bro's".
Get a life (and a job, and that would be a first for him!) you old fraud.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Carefully framed still. I am afraid your utter contempt for him is stopping you doing even the basic reasearch. The photo is from Daily Mail, I can't see them framing it for his benefit.
No I'm afraid you failed to check who provided the picture to the Daily Mail unless of course they had a camera crew with him - oh and his fessing up that there was empty seats TBT - do we let that slip under the net, or should the corbynistas admit their hero was making the most of it rather than he and his wife sitting apart until such time adjacent seats became available.
Virgin Trains provided the CCTV, which this was taken from.
I know it was Virgin CCTV and there was considerably more footage just that particular still frame shot wasn't chosen by the Daily Mail. As for the empty seats he walked past, by his own admission, what have you to say about that. At one point he suggested "little people" was sat on them and then there was luggage - I mean if I was on a train and there was luggage on the seat I'd asked for it to be removed - yep he was certainly clutching at straws. He's so used to be surrounded by corbynistas disciples he gets flummoxed when confronted by ordinary folk.
It was a definitely a mis(managed), contrived piece of opportunism on his part that appears to have blown up in his face. I'm neither shocked or appalled by it, It's the kind of bollocks all politicians get up to, the real issues with it were.
a) It was very amateurish and pretty certain to blow up in his face, I'm not sure how someone that naive expects to deal with the big bad world of 21st century politics and media scrutiny.
b) He is attempting to seize the moral high ground with his repeated calls for "cleaner politics", this really just shows he's capable of trying to sink as low as the rest, albeit clumsily.
dvbuk55 wrote:At one point he suggested "little people" was sat on them .
I think multimillionaire Richard Branson, the Daily Mail, dvbuk, Tman and ft are clutching at any straw to try to smear Corbyn.
FWIW there were children on seats which weren't shown on the stills issued by Virgin:
Face it, he sat on the floor when he didn't need to, and attempted to make a point out of it. He won't be the first or the last dumb-arse politician to cock up like this, but to his dewy-eyed followers, he's the God of Truth and can do no wrong.
The mask is slipping already....
It showed A child not children and luggage on a seat?? In all my life I have never travelled on a train where seats have been occupied by luggage Tompride wordpress is a BLOG and his jaundiced view of the facts in his opinion which justifies his blogs existence - would anyone read his blog if he wasn't trying to be controversial, of course not.
Corbyn himself has admitted he walked past empty seats because he couldn't find two together and that doesn't justify his assertion that the train was rammed and he couldn't find a seat.
On another tack Owen Smith has asserted that his view of Brexit would be to block it and to demand a second referendum - well considering that by a vast majority labour areas voted to leave I would imagine it is RIP Smithy.