I ask people to use a finger to sign,works a lot better than that stylus.ripio wrote:Used it in serious rain for the first time today, screen kept responding to raindrops and doing unwanted things, just when I was trying to scan and get signatures.
Also, some older folk seem to have trouble signing without touching the screen somewhere with another part of their hand, which results in the nothing happening when the stylus touches the screen, and having to ask them to sign again, and again!
Apart from that, much better than old ones.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New PDA's
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
New PDA's
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
New PDA's
Not just old folk! I reckon 8 out of 10 people rest their hand on it and try to write.ripio wrote: Also, some older folk seem to have trouble signing without touching the screen somewhere with another part of their hand, which results in the nothing happening when the stylus touches the screen, and having to ask them to sign again, and again!
.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
New PDA's
I like it but the screen is far too sensitive. Any brush with a finger or hanging-bloody-plant-basket leaf and it throws up something random.
No training at all but easy to use, except I can't work out how to log off. Do we actually have to log off at all?
No training at all but easy to use, except I can't work out how to log off. Do we actually have to log off at all?
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
New PDA's
Manage delivery/exit route/swipe left log out.NewPostieUK wrote:I like it but the screen is far too sensitive. Any brush with a finger or hanging-bloody-plant-basket leaf and it throws up something random.
No training at all but easy to use, except I can't work out how to log off. Do we actually have to log off at all?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
New PDA's
Excellent cheers. didn't know there was 'swiping' ! I was just exiting outdoor.k979aaa wrote:Manage delivery/exit route/swipe left log out.NewPostieUK wrote:I like it but the screen is far too sensitive. Any brush with a finger or hanging-bloody-plant-basket leaf and it throws up something random.
No training at all but easy to use, except I can't work out how to log off. Do we actually have to log off at all?
-
salomon2
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
- Gender: Female
New PDA's
Once you get used to their little quirks they are brill. Get customers who struggle to sign without resting on the screen to just sign using their finger, much easier. Everything downloads when put back on charge if the signal has been crap during the day. Once ours had been updated about a month backthey've been fine, to scan I find a quick press of the button works better than holding the light on the barcodes trying different angles, it works much quicker often first time. I find them a hundred times better to use.
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
New PDA's
Whats the camera on them for? When it gives you a notification saying about monitored by third party I wonder if they can remotely activate the camera to see what your doing in the van!? Sounds abit 007 but I wouldn't put it past them! 
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
New PDA's
They wouldn't see much with mine, I keep it in my pocket. I might move it to down my pants though . .stephen.cal87 wrote:Whats the camera on them for? When it gives you a notification saying about monitored by third party I wonder if they can remotely activate the camera to see what your doing in the van!? Sounds abit 007 but I wouldn't put it past them!
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12202
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
New PDA's
RM might eventually use it in conjunction with "Safe Place" with DO staff taking a photo of the item in the listed safe place as proof that an item has been deliveredstephen.cal87 wrote:Whats the camera on them for? When it gives you a notification saying about monitored by third party I wonder if they can remotely activate the camera to see what your doing in the van!? Sounds abit 007 but I wouldn't put it past them!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New PDA's
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=72367" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;stephen.cal87 wrote:Whats the camera on them for? When it gives you a notification saying about monitored by third party I wonder if they can remotely activate the camera to see what your doing in the van!? Sounds abit 007 but I wouldn't put it past them!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bishbash
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 23 Jul 2014, 22:41
- Gender: Male
New PDA's
A up , try the back button first, if no luck log off then back on bit of a pain or turn volume down until u log off maybe ?lightningpostman wrote:anyone know how to switch off the navigation after it has been activated?
when i swipe down i can see it still active and cannot figure out how to close the application as it drains the battery usage
-
Hotspur Lad
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 14 Aug 2014, 20:10
- Gender: Male
New PDA's
Hi, I've had a similar problem with being unable to turn the navigation off and unable to find where I can type a road name? I was on packets in the morning and delivering to an area I was not fully familiar with. I guess I could scan the post code on the parcel and it should appear but what about if the item doesn't have a post code, surely there should be a search box to look for road names? Any help greatly appreciated.
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
New PDA's
I like them but still think they are a bit bulky and heavy.
Why haven't we been given holsters to carry them?
Sunlight makes reading them hard for me at times...and I have noticed they sometimes don't upload every item...the other week I had around 52 items by the time I got back to the office that had failed to upload...put the PDA in its charging cradle and it uploaded within minutes!!??
Why haven't we been given holsters to carry them?
Sunlight makes reading them hard for me at times...and I have noticed they sometimes don't upload every item...the other week I had around 52 items by the time I got back to the office that had failed to upload...put the PDA in its charging cradle and it uploaded within minutes!!??