http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/697634 ... r-children" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A FORMER postman had to help with a very different kind of delivery - his new baby daughter.
Stephen Tough is used to making sure packages arrive safely, but this week he delivered a very special delivery after springing into action to help bring his own baby into the world.
In a labour lasting just 10 minutes, the premature arrival of 5lb 13oz Cassie was even more remarkable, given the couple had been told they would never have children.
Mum Cassie Brookman had initially thought she was suffering from Braxton Hicks contractions, also known as false labour, at her home in Shepway, Kent, last Sunday morning.
But reality dawned when her waters broke shortly after 3pm, almost three weeks before her due date.
The 32-year-old said: "I hadn't even packed a hospital bag. Steve was on the phone to the paramedics, but Cassie was already on her way.
"He's quite squeamish and hadn't even liked the idea of cutting the cord when we'd talked about it beforehand.
"So when he was put in that situation I was really proud of him. It was so quick we didn't even have time to think about it.
"I just about made it from the bathroom to the bed and she arrived."
At a young age, doctors told Ms Brookman she would never have children, after discovering she had polycystic ovaries, a twisted womb and blocked Fallopian tubes.
She said: "Since I was a little girl I have always thought being a mum was what I was put here for, it was all I wanted to do.
"When I first met Steve one of the first conversations I had with him was to tell him that if we did end up together I would never be able to give him children."
Ms Brookman and Mr Tough, now a photographer, then turned to IVF as their only hope of becoming parents.
During the first round Ms Brookman had the heartbreak of miscarrying after several weeks, while she did not get pregnant during the second and third attempts.
But just as the couple were about to give up after three years of trying, on the fourth and final round of treatment they got the news they'd been dreaming of.
They decided to name the baby Cassie after her mum as she is likely to be the only child they will have.
Ms Brookman added: "The whole process was an emotional roller-coaster, and heartbreaking at times.
"All the way through, even when I was getting close to my due date, I didn't believe it would actually happen, but now she's here.
"She's absolutely perfect, our little miracle."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Special package: Former postman helps deliver his own new baby daughter
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Special package: Former postman helps deliver his own new baby daughter
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
pants123
Special package: Former postman helps deliver his own new baby daughter
What a wonderful story and outcome, very moving......
