ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Rick Wakeman rocks up for a surprise visit to Coningsby Post Office

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Rick Wakeman rocks up for a surprise visit to Coningsby Post Office

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.marketrasenmail.co.uk/news/l ... -1-7504209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Image

Coningsby Post Office had its own special delivery this week, in the form of celebrity customer Rick Wakeman.

Rick made this unexpected visit to Coningsby Post office as it was the primary Post Office used to mail out the reworked version of his legendary album, The Myths and Legends of King Arthur, to his many fans. Post Office worker, Sue Charlton said: “I thought that looked like Rick Wakeman and it was!”


Ricks’ connection with Coningsby is because his associate, Rob Ayling, lives locally with his partner Sandy Clark.


Rob said: “I think it is really important to support our local businesses, especially the Post Offices.

“We all need to use them or lose them.

“In selecting Coningsby Post Office I know that Sharon and her team will go and have gone above and beyond.

“They handled a mail out in excess of £2,500 worth of postage, both professionally and efficiently in a matter of days.”

Rick added: “I am keen to support local shops, especially the village Post Offices which sadly are becoming a dying breed.


“I was very pleased at Rob giving our business to Coningsby Post Office.”

And business owner Sue Beamish was delighted with the visit.

“It was really nice that Rick took the time to come in and thank us personally for all our hard work,” she said.

Rick Wakeman, The Myths and Legends of King Arthur is available exclusively from: rickwakemansmusicemporium.com.


In purchasing any item from his web site, you are guaranteed to keep the staff at Coningsby Post office busy.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.