I'm still wearing mine and got a brand new one in my locker best jacket we've had I believe.djchrisc wrote:I love my Harrington jacket, its getting a bit worn out but much better than anything issued recently
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Harrington Jacket..
-
dav1524
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 22 Aug 2010, 14:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Harrington Jacket..
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Harrington Jacket..
I started far too late to get one of these, but some of the old guard in the office still have theirs and they seem much more practical than what we've got now. The fleece is fine on a chilly day but not much use if it's raining. The cagoules are not waterproof in the slightest, they're useful on a day where it's too cool for just a shirt but too warm for a fleece or "proper" jacket but they tend to trap the sweat which is a bit minging. The so called storm jackets are fine when they're new but lose their waterproofing relatively quickly.
I've no complaints with the polo shirts or the blue shirts (I much prefer the polo personally) and the trousers are ok, but the pockets rip like paper after a while.
They could do with issuing a jersey or something similar for those spring and autumn days when it's not quite warm but not quite cold. And a better light rain jacket, like say, a harrington...?
I've no complaints with the polo shirts or the blue shirts (I much prefer the polo personally) and the trousers are ok, but the pockets rip like paper after a while.
They could do with issuing a jersey or something similar for those spring and autumn days when it's not quite warm but not quite cold. And a better light rain jacket, like say, a harrington...?
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8916
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Harrington Jacket..
Most certainly could not argue with your sentiments on the Thermal jacket it was easily the best piece of uniformJupitor5 wrote:Thermal jacket with removable sleeves. Easily the best bit of uniform we've been issued.
i was issued with over the last twenty-eight years and Clarks shoes were'nt far behind the jacket as the preferred
footwear,absolutely no comparison with the rubbish we are issued with today. Rant Over
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Harrington Jacket..
100% agree same here 28 yrs by far the best jacket and shoes we have hadblue1873 wrote:Most certainly could not argue with your sentiments on the Thermal jacket it was easily the best piece of uniformJupitor5 wrote:Thermal jacket with removable sleeves. Easily the best bit of uniform we've been issued.
i was issued with over the last twenty-eight years and Clarks shoes were'nt far behind the jacket as the preferred
footwear,absolutely no comparison with the rubbish we are issued with today. Rant Over
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Harrington Jacket..
It was decent for the walks back in the day but now we need all the pockets on the cargos for keys and cards and that nice ironed shirt would look a state after a 5hr walk and getting in and out of the van. I'm not arsed what it looks like, give me functionality over form anyday. I'll save looking smart for my own time doing things I enjoy.postalstar wrote:I'd go further and say bring back the whole uniform, proper black shoes, light blue shirts and trousers matching the jacket, it was a smart looking uniform, not like today with posties wearing trainers, any old colour cargo shorts and those awful red polo shirts, they just look like a bag of crap running around.