ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Were do i stand !

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Were do i stand !

Post by GRS »

toofpick wrote:
saddlerposty wrote:
toofpick wrote:Be wise and don't even bother to fight back. The minute he touches you just collapse on the floor and let the lawyers take care of the rest. I've never been in this situation but I'm pretty sure that's how many would deal with it nowadays.
WTF ? how can give advice on a situation you never been in ? what happens then if they decide to stick the boot in, you might not be around to use lawyer. If you cant physically fight back, make as much noise as possible to attract some attention. no wonder we're turning into a nation whimps.
It can only be a matter of time before we all have to wear body cams.
Ok fight back then. I bet you'll lose your job.
What a ridiculous statement. If someone started pushing,shoving and swinging punches at you the last thing you'd be thinking is ' I'd better stand/lay here and take it in case I lose my job'.
bertieboy
Posts: 56
Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
Gender: Male

Were do i stand !

Post by bertieboy »

toofpick wrote:Be wise and don't even bother to fight back. The minute he touches you just collapse on the floor and let the lawyers take care of the rest. I've never been in this situation but I'm pretty sure that's how many would deal with it nowadays.
It works for Rooney, Ronaldo, Vardy, Suarez etc. :Very Happy
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Were do i stand !

Post by rambo1 »

GRS wrote:
toofpick wrote:
saddlerposty wrote:
toofpick wrote:Be wise and don't even bother to fight back. The minute he touches you just collapse on the floor and let the lawyers take care of the rest. I've never been in this situation but I'm pretty sure that's how many would deal with it nowadays.
WTF ? how can give advice on a situation you never been in ? what happens then if they decide to stick the boot in, you might not be around to use lawyer. If you cant physically fight back, make as much noise as possible to attract some attention. no wonder we're turning into a nation whimps.
It can only be a matter of time before we all have to wear body cams.
Ok fight back then. I bet you'll lose your job.
What a ridiculous statement. If someone started pushing,shoving and swinging punches at you the last thing you'd be thinking is ' I'd better stand/lay here and take it in case I lose my job'.
You really don't know who's carrying knives or worse nowadays. Being an expert boxer is no match if someone pulls a knife on you. Just try to avoid conflict, talk your way out of the situation. In a conflict situation, you're wrong and the other guys always right, if you know what I mean. Taint worth it.