ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman hangs up his bag after 20 years on the same round in Southorpe, Ufford and Tallington

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman hangs up his bag after 20 years on the same round in Southorpe, Ufford and Tallington

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/l ... -1-7478036" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

Image

Farewell drinks were held for a postman who is retiring after serving Southorpe, Ufford and Tallington for 20 years.

Bill Holyoake, 65, was invited to The White Hart pub, in Ufford, where local residents were keen to thank him for his work. Bill, who lives in Stamford, was up at 4.30am Monday to Saturday every week to prepare for his round.

He said: “Over the years I’ve got to know lots of people around here and I’ve watched their children grow up. I’ll miss them, but I won’t miss driving to the sorting office in Peterborough every day to get my van. If they hadn’t moved it out of Stamford six years ago I would have definitely carried on, but I got fed-up getting stuck on the A1.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Postman hangs up his bag after 20 years on the same round in Southorpe, Ufford and Tallington

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"was up at 4.30am Monday to Saturday every week to prepare for his round". :cuppa :wave

"but I won’t miss driving to the sorting office in Peterborough every day to get my van" - should have had Overnight retention. :thumbup