ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mysterious postbox appears over River Thames in Purley

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Mysterious postbox appears over River Thames in Purley

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/readin ... r-11600450" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

The co-owner of Whittington's Tea Barge Andy Craig spotted the postbox near the mooring plots in Purley Gardens

People travelling down the River Thames were left perplexed after they spotted a postbox that is beyond the reach of most posties.

While floating down stream in Purley on a party cruise the co-owner of Whittington's Tea Barge Andy Craig noticed the peculiarly placed postbox fixed to the wall by the mooring plots in Purley Gardens.

He said: "I saw it yesterday [Sunday, July 10] when I took the photograph, it definitely wasn't there last week.

"I laughed as it was obviously a prank and not a proper postbox. My first thought was 'I wonder when the collection time would be'.

"It makes the river trip a bit more interesting and gives people something else to look at"

He added: "Whoever put it there would be the Banksy of the post office world."

While the prankster who installed the postbox has not come forward, some suspect it is the same person who pinned a post box to Sonning Bridge in September 2013.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.