ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

when specials were call reggies

Reminisce about days gone by in the job.How it used to be what you miss and how things have changed.This is an open forum.
robbiejob47

Post by robbiejob47 »

Started in oct 1978 when you got your Reggies before leaving the office and got a signature on a little green slip of paper and recorded deliveries went into your little orange book,, P.D.A my arse
got casuals to help at Christmas and had to deliver Giros on Christmas eve when the post office counters shut at 12

baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by baldrick »

They were called 'Reg' in my mc. When I worked at BOs the postperson upstairs on the counter would shout 'Reg!' down the chute before dropping the reg bag down the chute. Once one of the counter staff asked me 'Who is Reg?' :Very Happy
bmccoll

Post by bmccoll »

Registered mail was recorded in a ledger and a slip left on you bench to let you know. Special Deliveries were 100 birthdays and what knows, and those were delivered without a signature or not. Those were the days you got a Reggie maybe twice a week, now the PHG locker gives you 4 or 5 every day! Changed days indeed!