ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sore feet again!
-
plipsurt
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 31 Aug 2015, 20:27
- Gender: Female
Sore feet again!
My toenails are lifting off, I thought I was the only one! Spoke to my GP who said I have trench foot hahahahahaha don't have any of those symptoms thank goodness. I am worried about how wet my feet get, I really don't want to lose my toenails but think m heading that way. RM only do full size shoes and I'm a 5.5 so I have to buy my own shoes. It's really hard getting shoes that keep feet dry and also provide some shock absorption for my knees.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Sore feet again!
I wear hiking boots. Never have any issues. I would go down to a Cotswold camping or similar and get them to fit you. The right pair of shoes makes a huge difference. They cost but then having waterproof breathable boots that support in all the right places is literally priceless. Ask about socks and buy them there also. They will recommend 2 pairs. One thin form fitting pair and one thicker padded pair. This way the two socks rub together, not your skin and sock and this prevents blisters.
The Royal Mail trainers and Magnum boots don't work for me. They are clearly built down to a price. The whole uniform is atrocious. I understand that they couldn't afford to break out Goretex for everything, but there are reasonably priced options with reasonable performance that would make our deliveries a lot more comfortable. Ack. Fantasies. If it wasn't for Health and Safety regulations, I bet they would give us bin liners to use as waterproofs.
The Royal Mail trainers and Magnum boots don't work for me. They are clearly built down to a price. The whole uniform is atrocious. I understand that they couldn't afford to break out Goretex for everything, but there are reasonably priced options with reasonable performance that would make our deliveries a lot more comfortable. Ack. Fantasies. If it wasn't for Health and Safety regulations, I bet they would give us bin liners to use as waterproofs.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Sore feet again!
The silly thing is they'd probably be better off if they DID get goretex or something. The only bit of the uniform that has lasted for me, is the polo shirts and even then the buttons have all come off - and I don't even use the buttons!! Everything else, I've had to replace twice already and I've only been in this game just over 18 months!
-
daverowland
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 27 Feb 2016, 06:33
- Gender: Male
Sore feet again!
fascinating thread... my feat are killers, 6 months into the deal. my sock choice has been the issue mostly and if i use thin ones then the boots slip on me.
i have cheapo foam insoles, helps a little
Its the YDS, was told these are pretty good at time of ordering, also have the Magnum boots and the fold your foot well but give me ankle ache and they really do slow you down.
i have cheapo foam insoles, helps a little
Its the YDS, was told these are pretty good at time of ordering, also have the Magnum boots and the fold your foot well but give me ankle ache and they really do slow you down.
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Sore feet again!
I can just about get 5 months out of a pair of north face goretex, expensive but worth it! really can't wear anything else but I do agree with sock choice!
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Sore feet again!
Been wearing these lately, by far the most comfortable trainer I've worn, had niggling knee pain before and wearing these has eliminated it. Plus they're that comfortable I haven't had to fit a new insole either.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BSA7I96/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BSA7I96/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
daverowland
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 27 Feb 2016, 06:33
- Gender: Male
Sore feet again!
My socks are the Bridgedale Woolfusion , they are simply amazing for Trekkin and I either use the YDS or recently I found Vibram Tammerack WP and they got Cushefootwear written on it
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BridgedaleMens ... B00S8BE8TM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cushe-Mens-Tam ... B003UV9VZQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grey / Red - colours look a bit different to picture and more royal mail colours, so far a DIM not noticed but should get Doctors note to wear them
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BridgedaleMens ... B00S8BE8TM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cushe-Mens-Tam ... B003UV9VZQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grey / Red - colours look a bit different to picture and more royal mail colours, so far a DIM not noticed but should get Doctors note to wear them
-
janeabc
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 05 Jul 2011, 18:47
- Gender: Female
Sore feet again!
Royal Mail Doc Shoes, about two weeks before you wear shoes put boiling hot water on around four tea towels , squeeze water out tlll just damp, DONT BURN YOURSELF place tea towels in shoes and leave trailing over heel, do this every other day.
When you come to wear them the shoes are soft as though you have been wearing.
Check your feet for signs of redness and use any sort of SPRAY on plaster around that area.
This stops any feet problems.
When you come to wear them the shoes are soft as though you have been wearing.
Check your feet for signs of redness and use any sort of SPRAY on plaster around that area.
This stops any feet problems.