http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/ex ... 83381.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A retired Royal Mail worker who murdered his ex-partner after she threatened to sell their home has been jailed for at least 16 years.
Ronald Bacon knifed Tracy Goodwin 12 times at their Kidbrooke home when she returned from work on February 24 last year.
Afterwards, the sobbing 64-year-old dialled 999 and told the operator: “I lost it, I stabbed her. I couldn’t help it."
When police and paramedics arrived in Langbrook Road, they found Bacon at the scene with a bloodied knife.
Medics tried to save Ms Goodwin, 56, but the legal secretary was pronounced dead at the scene.
The couple, who had two children and two grandchildren together, shared a home for 36 years, but had been living separate lives since 1998.
Today, Bacon was convicted of murder at the Old Bailey and was jailed for life with a minimum term of 16 years.
Detective Inspector Mick Norman of the Homicide and Major Crime Command said afterward: "Bacon's actions resulted in the death of Tracy Goodwin and deprived her two children of a mother and grandmother.
"I hope that today's verdict can give her family some closure.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ex-Royal Mail worker who murdered ex-partner over home sale jailed for 16 years
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Ex-Royal Mail worker who murdered ex-partner over home sale jailed for 16 years
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.