ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Danelectro
Posts: 1058
Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by Danelectro »

Why on earth would anyone vote YES to this pay deal? Any chance to slow the bastards down and seem awkward should be grabbed with both hands and what some seem to think is sensible musings on the interests of the business is really a giant cock being slapped in your face and I'm not for swallowing.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by motherhubbard »

Danelectro wrote:Why on earth would anyone vote YES to this pay deal? Any chance to slow the bastards down and seem awkward should be grabbed with both hands .
A NO vote may well speed up the introduction of wholesale changes to our terms and conditions.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
parforthewalk
Posts: 149
Joined: 10 Feb 2013, 17:23
Gender: Male

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by parforthewalk »

Ask yourself, is the pay deal unreasonable or reasonable? I'll vote for the latter thanks.
Rommagic
Posts: 1512
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by Rommagic »

Vote yes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by fishtank »

Danelectro wrote:Why on earth would anyone vote YES to this pay deal? Any chance to slow the bastards down and seem awkward should be grabbed with both hands and what some seem to think is sensible musings on the interests of the business is really a giant cock being slapped in your face and I'm not for swallowing.

If there were strings attached I would agree with you but there aren't so the only thing we would be holding up would be a pay rise.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
windermeredave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 265
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
Gender: Male

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by windermeredave »

We are extremely well paid for what is essentially non-skilled labour. this pay rise is worth around 8 quid for workers in and around London. yes from me
iainwilson
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 141
Joined: 16 Sep 2010, 22:07
Gender: Male

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by iainwilson »

This pay rise is worth about as much as it takes to cover rise in cost of petrol since April. Well done!!!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by k979aaa »

I think were on a loser if this pensions idea goes through and it worn't stop there either!
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

iainwilson wrote:This pay rise is worth about as much as it takes to cover rise in cost of petrol since April. Well done!!!
so what percentage do you think we should have got strings free? that is the big point it's a strings free rise we have no hoops to jump through to get it, think about what hoops we had to jump through to get recent pay rises
iainwilson
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 141
Joined: 16 Sep 2010, 22:07
Gender: Male

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by iainwilson »

I have the same route I had for last 8 years. My route is now 2 areas smaller and a lot easier and if ive been jumping through hoops I didn't realise. My duty has lost 30 mins per day that is all. 2.5-3% would be a fair pay rise in my opinion
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

iainwilson wrote:I have the same route I had for last 8 years. My route is now 2 areas smaller and a lot easier and if ive been jumping through hoops I didn't realise. My duty has lost 30 mins per day that is all. 2.5-3% would be a fair pay rise in my opinion
so you have less work but think you should get more money for it? also 3% is less than £3 extra per week in your pocket is that really worth going on strike for? how much extra in your actual pocket would you go on strike for? remember a 2 day strike would virtually wipe out the whole years pay rise
iainwilson
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 141
Joined: 16 Sep 2010, 22:07
Gender: Male

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by iainwilson »

I work 60.5 hours a week so an extra 1% is worth more to me than that. And I do the same amount of work in 4 sectors that I did in 6 it's because the business is growing in volumes the area is shrinking thius making my job easier.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

iainwilson wrote:I work 60.5 hours a week so an extra 1% is worth more to me than that. And I do the same amount of work in 4 sectors that I did in 6 it's because the business is growing in volumes the area is shrinking thius making my job easier.

working a 60 hour week is less than a fiver in your pocket per week, how many days would you go on strike to get that, as again the amount would be wiped out in 2 days worth of strike action virtually

and what reason do you think we could use to justify such an increase with again no hoops to jump through? as simply rm could have offered nothing at all and then tied it in with the on going pension and condition talks
eric the viking
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: south west

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by eric the viking »

My problem is that Parcelforce has been lumped in with the rest of Royal Mail when our settlement used to be separate. We are thriving whereas we are told letters are contracting.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

VOTE NO!!!! ( For 1.6% Pay rise)

Post by fishtank »

eric the viking wrote:My problem is that Parcelforce has been lumped in with the rest of Royal Mail when our settlement used to be separate. We are thriving whereas we are told letters are contracting.
Parcels are growing, we deliver the bulk of them. You guys deliver the ones we can't fit in the vans. If they gave us bigger vans.....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share