ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Abingdon postman Justin Lovstrom praised for helping pensioner to cross the road

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Abingdon postman Justin Lovstrom praised for helping pensioner to cross the road

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/145708 ... _the_road/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

Postman Justin Lovstrom went out of his way to help a woman pensioner cross the road and ended up getting praised on Facebook.

Mr Lovstrom, 47, from Abingdon, was doing his rounds in the town centre yesterday when he spotted the woman struggling to cross High Street near the Grapes pub.

A passing motorist took a photo and posted it on the Abingdon Spotted Facebook page.

Mr Lovstrom, who has worked as a postman for the past 26 years, said he was surprised his simple act of kindness had got so much attention on social media.


He added: "The lady was quite elderly, she must have been in her seventies or eighties.

"It was about 9.30am and she started to head out across two lanes of traffic without looking and I thought she looked very vulnerable - I thought there was going to be an accident so I offered to help and she was very grateful.

"When I got home later I saw the photo was being shared on Facebook - I couldn't believe the attention I was getting.

"But I don't think I have done anything special - I hope someone else would do the same if it was my mum crossing the road."

In 2014 Mr Lovstrom, who lives with wife Jackie, 47, and daughters Freya, 14, and Phoebe, 12, ran 100 miles in just over 26 hours for charity.

He took part in the Thames Path 100, an ultra marathon from London to Oxford.

His efforts raised more than £3,000, which was split between the Amber Phillpott Trust and the Oxford Heart Centre.

The Amber Phillpott Trust for leukaemia research was set up by the parents of Amber, who died from the disease in 2011.

Mr Lovstrom added: "I'm injured at the moment so I'm not doing any running but I would like to get back into it."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
pants123

Abingdon postman Justin Lovstrom praised for helping pensioner to cross the road

Post by pants123 »

I'm always in away to be kind to others...

Over my time being a postie.. I've helped many folk...

I've changed light bulbs.. read old people's Meters.. helped those who are locked out of there home...

Helped the elderly who who have fallen in there home and outside......

Its great to see

I'm Not the only human being to help others...

:Applause :Applause