ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU Referendum
-
jack~jack
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 09 Mar 2014, 10:04
- Gender: Male
CWU Referendum
Greece and Spain haven't done too well out of the E.U. High unemployment, public services gone. The idea 29 very different countries can be run as one, will benefit some maybe, but what of the rest?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
CWU Referendum
Nothing to do with cwu my friend i always make my own decisions.UNION JACK wrote:Yes we know aiden your in and probably 2% of other cwu members......120 in my office i only know of 3 remaining.......bye bye E.Uaiden01 wrote:In![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
CWU Referendum
I find it offensive that someone is calling me and everyone else who wants leave crazy just because people don,t agree with your views does not mean they are crazy.Spedley wrote:I'm very much an IN voter and I think it is crazy to even think of not being a member, however I do agree that the union - and any employer - should NOT be giving their opinion on how you should
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
CWU Referendum
Who's saying you and the leavers are crazy? I think you are though30+YEARMAN wrote:I find it offensive that someone is calling me and everyone else who wants leave crazy just because people don,t agree with your views does not mean they are crazy.Spedley wrote:I'm very much an IN voter and I think it is crazy to even think of not being a member, however I do agree that the union - and any employer - should NOT be giving their opinion on how you shoul
-
UNION JACK
- Posts: 247
- Joined: 03 Jun 2007, 20:26
CWU Referendum
I am a decent person just because i have a difference of opinion does not make me a bad ,not a decent human being or racist person ,im voting on personal experiences.You said your voting for hope thats strange as europe has one of the weakest economies in the world and is currently on its knees ,as for workers rights isn't that what the unions were for.The unions are now weak because their members don't back them as they are affraid for their jobs, again because they are saddled with debt,high mortgages and loans just to survive.The labour party and unions have gone so far left they are now no use to anyone.....here's a thought maybe we could vote out of the EU and then start a new party who have the interests of the people in their hearts and not interested in lining their pockets and self gain at the expense of the not so fortunate....UTOPIAgeordieboy123 wrote:Of course it's work related look at the excellent posting from Paulf above so well done CWU for coming out and supporting us as members because if we vote to leave Cameron will be challenged and the right wing will take over and they will definitely attack the employment laws currently enshrined in EU law. We on the centre left know the EU isn't perfect and it does need reforming including the free movement of its people but we can only do that and safeguard our rights by being round the table.barncopxx wrote:With things as they are in the workplace I would have thought that the union would have MUCH better things to spend our subs money on than propaganda like the crap we received through our doors yesterday. It would be interesting to find out how much the composing, printing and posting of this piece of crap has cost, and as a token of goodwill for the CWU to divide the total cost by the number of members and reduce our next years subs by that amount. This is not work related no should not have been done.
Some of the ill thought out negative comments under this posting is very disturbing and these are the people who are putting their children and grandchildrens future in jeopardy some of you sound like thick Union Jack waving football hooligans the vey people that don't make Britain great despite them thinking the opposite. Can they give us all a view of how the UK economy will look after a brexit vote? Why do they think the UK will be treated better than a member state of the EU in respect of getting a trade deal? Can they inform us how to combat the financial market uncertainty for the years it will take to obtain trade deals with the EU and the rest of the world? What comfort can they give to the three million workers whose jobs are connected to exporting to the EU that their jobs are at risk as their products are likely to increase in costs as there is likely to be a tariff added?
I think us decent people who believe in the politics of hope rather than hate who care about the future of their families ,their country and their workers rights,decent human beings look forward to hearing your answers to the above.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU Referendum
I remember the UK prior to being a member of the EU. I cannot recall a single thing that is better now than it was then. The idea that we could could not eject undesirables was unthinkable, that we would hand over £350 million a week of our taxes, of which only half would be allocated to projects in the UK and we are told what those projects would be, that when we joined it was a common market not a political machine. I won't mention immigration because of the PC connotations ascribed but it is an obvious problem.
So I will vote to leave not necessarily for the reasons I have stated but for the great concern I have for what's in store if we don't leave. A single army, a unified Europe where we lose even more sovereignty, a higher and higher amount of money to sustain what IS an already failing system, with money being demanded to bale out economic failures in poorer nations. I'm surprised more people don't see that the EU is an overblown busted flush that is beyond redemption that no amount of "sitting at the table" is going to cure.
I sincerely hope that the poll is an indication of the real vote.
So I will vote to leave not necessarily for the reasons I have stated but for the great concern I have for what's in store if we don't leave. A single army, a unified Europe where we lose even more sovereignty, a higher and higher amount of money to sustain what IS an already failing system, with money being demanded to bale out economic failures in poorer nations. I'm surprised more people don't see that the EU is an overblown busted flush that is beyond redemption that no amount of "sitting at the table" is going to cure.
I sincerely hope that the poll is an indication of the real vote.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
CWU Referendum
I'm not surprised.aiden01 wrote:Will vote to remainDB1100 wrote:I agree,the sooner we get out the better.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
CWU Referendum
DB1100 wrote:I'm not surprised.aiden01 wrote:Will vote to remainDB1100 wrote:I agree,the sooner we get out the better.
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
CWU Referendum
Well said dvbuk55 the most sensible thing said in this debatedvbuk55 wrote:I remember the UK prior to being a member of the EU. I cannot recall a single thing that is better now than it was then. The idea that we could could not eject undesirables was unthinkable, that we would hand over £350 million a week of our taxes, of which only half would be allocated to projects in the UK and we are told what those projects would be, that when we joined it was a common market not a political machine. I won't mention immigration because of the PC connotations ascribed but it is an obvious problem.
So I will vote to leave not necessarily for the reasons I have stated but for the great concern I have for what's in store if we don't leave. A single army, a unified Europe where we lose even more sovereignty, a higher and higher amount of money to sustain what IS an already failing system, with money being demanded to bale out economic failures in poorer nations. I'm surprised more people don't see that the EU is an overblown busted flush that is beyond redemption that no amount of "sitting at the table" is going to cure.
I sincerely hope that the poll is an indication of the real vote.
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
CWU Referendum
Nostalgia is great but economically, 1975 was awful. You had waves of strikes, inflation at an all-time high, and things got so bad that Britain had to ask the IMF for a bailout the next year.
This is a complex issue and the EU is far, far from great. Still, if the argument is "Let's return to the early 70s," I think I'll pass.
This is a complex issue and the EU is far, far from great. Still, if the argument is "Let's return to the early 70s," I think I'll pass.
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
CWU Referendum
UNION JACK wrote:I am a decent person just because i have a difference of opinion does not make me a bad ,not a decent human being or racist person ,im voting on personal experiences.You said your voting for hope thats strange as europe has one of the weakest economies in the world and is currently on its knees ,as for workers rights isn't that what the unions were for.The unions are now weak because their members don't back them as they are affraid for their jobs, again because they are saddled with debt,high mortgages and loans just to survive.The labour party and unions have gone so far left they are now no use to anyone.....here's a thought maybe we could vote out of the EU and then start a new party who have the interests of the people in their hearts and not interested in lining their pockets and self gain at the expense of the not so fortunate....UTOPIAgeordieboy123 wrote:Of course it's work related look at the excellent posting from Paulf above so well done CWU for coming out and supporting us as members because if we vote to leave Cameron will be challenged and the right wing will take over and they will definitely attack the employment laws currently enshrined in EU law. We on the centre left know the EU isn't perfect and it does need reforming including the free movement of its people but we can only do that and safeguard our rights by being round the table.barncopxx wrote:With things as they are in the workplace I would have thought that the union would have MUCH better things to spend our subs money on than propaganda like the crap we received through our doors yesterday. It would be interesting to find out how much the composing, printing and posting of this piece of crap has cost, and as a token of goodwill for the CWU to divide the total cost by the number of members and reduce our next years subs by that amount. This is not work related no should not have been done.
Some of the ill thought out negative comments under this posting is very disturbing and these are the people who are putting their children and grandchildrens future in jeopardy some of you sound like thick Union Jack waving football hooligans the vey people that don't make Britain great despite them thinking the opposite. Can they give us all a view of how the UK economy will look after a brexit vote? Why do they think the UK will be treated better than a member state of the EU in respect of getting a trade deal? Can they inform us how to combat the financial market uncertainty for the years it will take to obtain trade deals with the EU and the rest of the world? What comfort can they give to the three million workers whose jobs are connected to exporting to the EU that their jobs are at risk as their products are likely to increase in costs as there is likely to be a tariff added?
I think us decent people who believe in the politics of hope rather than hate who care about the future of their families ,their country and their workers rights,decent human beings look forward to hearing your answers to the above.
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
CWU Referendum
Will you be answering the questions as I just can't wait?UNION JACK wrote:I am a decent person just because i have a difference of opinion does not make me a bad ,not a decent human being or racist person ,im voting on personal experiences.You said your voting for hope thats strange as europe has one of the weakest economies in the world and is currently on its knees ,as for workers rights isn't that what the unions were for.The unions are now weak because their members don't back them as they are affraid for their jobs, again because they are saddled with debt,high mortgages and loans just to survive.The labour party and unions have gone so far left they are now no use to anyone.....here's a thought maybe we could vote out of the EU and then start a new party who have the interests of the people in their hearts and not interested in lining their pockets and self gain at the expense of the not so fortunate....UTOPIAgeordieboy123 wrote:Of course it's work related look at the excellent posting from Paulf above so well done CWU for coming out and supporting us as members because if we vote to leave Cameron will be challenged and the right wing will take over and they will definitely attack the employment laws currently enshrined in EU law. We on the centre left know the EU isn't perfect and it does need reforming including the free movement of its people but we can only do that and safeguard our rights by being round the table.barncopxx wrote:With things as they are in the workplace I would have thought that the union would have MUCH better things to spend our subs money on than propaganda like the crap we received through our doors yesterday. It would be interesting to find out how much the composing, printing and posting of this piece of crap has cost, and as a token of goodwill for the CWU to divide the total cost by the number of members and reduce our next years subs by that amount. This is not work related no should not have been done.
Some of the ill thought out negative comments under this posting is very disturbing and these are the people who are putting their children and grandchildrens future in jeopardy some of you sound like thick Union Jack waving football hooligans the vey people that don't make Britain great despite them thinking the opposite. Can they give us all a view of how the UK economy will look after a brexit vote? Why do they think the UK will be treated better than a member state of the EU in respect of getting a trade deal? Can they inform us how to combat the financial market uncertainty for the years it will take to obtain trade deals with the EU and the rest of the world? What comfort can they give to the three million workers whose jobs are connected to exporting to the EU that their jobs are at risk as their products are likely to increase in costs as there is likely to be a tariff added?
I think us decent people who believe in the politics of hope rather than hate who care about the future of their families ,their country and their workers rights,decent human beings look forward to hearing your answers to the above.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU Referendum
Nobody, certainly not me, is advocating a return to the 70s. We are the 5th largest economy in the world, however our trade agreements are managed by Europe not by the UK. Our economy is growing at a faster rate than the rest of the EU and that is because, despite bankrolling the EU Parliament, we are better and more productive even with the constraints placed on trading. We have stood alone historically and I believe we are a resilient nation with a do or die attitude and we don't need faceless unelected bureaucrats telling us what we can and cannot do and to add insult to injury we pay a hefty price for that privilege.britwrit wrote:Nostalgia is great but economically, 1975 was awful. You had waves of strikes, inflation at an all-time high, and things got so bad that Britain had to ask the IMF for a bailout the next year.
This is a complex issue and the EU is far, far from great. Still, if the argument is "Let's return to the early 70s," I think I'll pass.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
CWU Referendum
So the muppets who salivate over Corbyn now enjoy writing politics to me, kinda thinking ......FK OFF 
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
CWU Referendum
The thought of a single Army fills me with dread.dvbuk55 wrote:I remember the UK prior to being a member of the EU. I cannot recall a single thing that is better now than it was then. The idea that we could could not eject undesirables was unthinkable, that we would hand over £350 million a week of our taxes, of which only half would be allocated to projects in the UK and we are told what those projects would be, that when we joined it was a common market not a political machine. I won't mention immigration because of the PC connotations ascribed but it is an obvious problem.
So I will vote to leave not necessarily for the reasons I have stated but for the great concern I have for what's in store if we don't leave. A single army, a unified Europe where we lose even more sovereignty, a higher and higher amount of money to sustain what IS an already failing system, with money being demanded to bale out economic failures in poorer nations. I'm surprised more people don't see that the EU is an overblown busted flush that is beyond redemption that no amount of "sitting at the table" is going to cure.
I sincerely hope that the poll is an indication of the real vote.
For we were soldiers once,and young