I wish they would.moon71 wrote:Why would they do that? Just get a casual.Speedmeister wrote:It's about time that they paid double time for working your day off - makes it worth doing then.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
-
Speedmeister
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
-
Midnight+13
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
I will be voting to reject this offer. FAR too Little, far too late.
Why are cwu top brass even recommending this?
And why are we paying these people, who seem to sell us out every 5 minutes, with the supposed deal of the century or it's the best we could get excuse.
And as for the few on here who think its a good deal, just wake up will you!
Why are cwu top brass even recommending this?
And why are we paying these people, who seem to sell us out every 5 minutes, with the supposed deal of the century or it's the best we could get excuse.
And as for the few on here who think its a good deal, just wake up will you!
-
steve2zaf
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 22 Jan 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
I personally think its a bad deal - the union are a useless bunch . I bet Dave Ward and his spineless cronies give themselves a far bigger payrise on the backs of our subs . I wish I had the balls to cancel my membership - but feel that in this climate your always looking over your shoulder for that sacking excuse. I'll be voting NO .
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
Hmmm what a good idea
I vote for a 1.6, possibly 2% pay rise and in return I could get a shorter working week (say 35 hours instead of 39). Please excuse me if I'm a little slow but I heard dingo mention a 35 working week. Does that mean I could lose 4 hours pay every week (or £40)??? That sure offsets the 2% rise!
And assuming indoor time is reduced....does it also mean that we will be walking the streets even longer than we already are?? Jeez, in our office, staff are already dropping loops left, right and centre on busy days because the screws added too much lapsing on them last year. Will the one big wave of sometimes unsequenced mech (imagine 4 or 5 trays arriving at 10am!) mean potentially later start and finish times?? Speculation your honour, because no one seems to know anything
now I aint got time to sit through reams of Of com's reports, but it seems that royal mail are desperate to make wholesale changes for next year, and it sure as hell won't benefit us. It's obvious royal mail ain't going to give us much as they work on the principle of the law of diminishing returns, meaning less for us in real wages. Vote no.
I vote for a 1.6, possibly 2% pay rise and in return I could get a shorter working week (say 35 hours instead of 39). Please excuse me if I'm a little slow but I heard dingo mention a 35 working week. Does that mean I could lose 4 hours pay every week (or £40)??? That sure offsets the 2% rise!
And assuming indoor time is reduced....does it also mean that we will be walking the streets even longer than we already are?? Jeez, in our office, staff are already dropping loops left, right and centre on busy days because the screws added too much lapsing on them last year. Will the one big wave of sometimes unsequenced mech (imagine 4 or 5 trays arriving at 10am!) mean potentially later start and finish times?? Speculation your honour, because no one seems to know anything
now I aint got time to sit through reams of Of com's reports, but it seems that royal mail are desperate to make wholesale changes for next year, and it sure as hell won't benefit us. It's obvious royal mail ain't going to give us much as they work on the principle of the law of diminishing returns, meaning less for us in real wages. Vote no.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
The 35 hour week is not agreed.
It's a target the CWU set at conference to be achieved by 2020, with no loss of pay IIRC.
It's a target the CWU set at conference to be achieved by 2020, with no loss of pay IIRC.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
Crikey that's in 4 years and if that's the case we need a lot more than 1.6% for that to happen
However, one should be very careful what you wish for. I certainly wouldn't want a 6 hour plus walking delivery span nor a 5pm finish, but there is a lot of scaremongering and not many facts. Hopefully, dingo can keep stalling the bigwigs in their little ivory tower.
However, one should be very careful what you wish for. I certainly wouldn't want a 6 hour plus walking delivery span nor a 5pm finish, but there is a lot of scaremongering and not many facts. Hopefully, dingo can keep stalling the bigwigs in their little ivory tower.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
35 hour week will come at a hell of a cost and a hell of a carrot will be dangled. we might get 12% over 3 yrs but you can bet your boots the work force will be devastated. our area rep mentioned delivery has currently 68000 walks, and RM want that down to 43000. that's 25000 jobs. this will pay for future rises but 6 hr+ deliveries later starts, sunday working. scaremongering?....I bloody well hope it is!!
-
Maxxy3
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 23:42
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
The moon is made of cheese, and dolphins rule the world.Midnight+13 wrote:I will be voting to reject this offer. FAR too Little, far too late.
Why are cwu top brass even recommending this?
And why are we paying these people, who seem to sell us out every 5 minutes, with the supposed deal of the century or it's the best we could get excuse.
And as for the few on here who think its a good deal, just wake up will you!
And as for the few on here who disagree, just wake up will you!
(You can state literally anything, if you don't have to explain or justify your reasoning)
I'll explain how the world actually works for you here in simple terms, so bear with me.
Lets say a car cost £10,000 last year. The car is exactly the same this year, it has no better parts, it's identical. It does cost 1.3% more to make however.
Would you pay: -
A) £10,130 (1.3% extra)?
B) £10,160 (1.6% extra)?
C) £11,200 (12% extra)?
The fact is, you are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for you. It doesn't matter whether you are a baker, an accountant or a postman; no one is paying £11,200 for that car.
-
Member 34
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 28 Nov 2009, 21:15
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
That depends.Maxxy3 wrote: It doesn't matter whether you are a baker, an accountant or a postman; no one is paying £11,200 for that car.
What colour is it?
-
30+YEARMAN
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
Wish I had ten grand to spend on a carMaxxy3 wrote:The moon is made of cheese, and dolphins rule the world.Midnight+13 wrote:I will be voting to reject this offer. FAR too Little, far too late.
Why are cwu top brass even recommending this?
And why are we paying these people, who seem to sell us out every 5 minutes, with the supposed deal of the century or it's the best we could get excuse.
And as for the few on here who think its a good deal, just wake up will you!
And as for the few on here who disagree, just wake up will you!
(You can state literally anything, if you don't have to explain or justify your reasoning)
I'll explain how the world actually works for you here in simple terms, so bear with me.
Lets say a car cost £10,000 last year. The car is exactly the same this year, it has no better parts, it's identical. It does cost 1.3% more to make however.
Would you pay: -
A) £10,130 (1.3% extra)?
B) £10,160 (1.6% extra)?
C) £11,200 (12% extra)?
The fact is, you are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for you. It doesn't matter whether you are a baker, an accountant or a postman; no one is paying £11,200 for that car.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
Can anyone confirm this one way or the other ? Wouldn't surprise me.daveyeff wrote:our area rep mentioned delivery has currently 68000 walks, and RM want that down to 43000. that's 25000 jobs.
Re. the 1.6% - I'll probably go with it. Its above inflation after all.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
The drop in the number of walks is a certainty under the one wave plan, the figures may be subject to fluctuation but that guess seems about right to me.jetblack wrote:Can anyone confirm this one way or the other ? Wouldn't surprise me.daveyeff wrote:our area rep mentioned delivery has currently 68000 walks, and RM want that down to 43000. that's 25000 jobs.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2972
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
I went to a meeting back in February in Manchester. There were no hard and fast decisions on anything. What was said is that Moya Greene had said that Monday and Tuesday deliveries MIGHT go. This was a response to the CWU saying they would defend the Saturday service. As yet it is all pie in the sky. They would have to change the law so the USO could be changed. As for 6 hour deliveries, let's wait and see. Lots to talk about and negotiations will take ages.
Last edited by heapsy on 10 Jun 2016, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
I would rather work tuesday to Friday if we all working 4 days a week full time. But we will lose a lot of parcels in business as we can't guarantee next day delivery.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Pay offer update! 1.6% flowing thorough to all allowances overtime etc
Voted NO. Too much chumminess between CWU and RM now. 1.6% derisory offer. 