PEOPLE in Kidlington could be forgiven for wondering why Buzz Lightyear was delivering their post last week.
And if that wasn't enough, Popeye and Frozen's Olaf were also spotted pushing letters through doors over the last few days.
But this was not the Royal Mail bringing in some unusual temporary staff – the characters were all the idea of local postie Russell Sanders.
The 48-year-old got up in fancy dress for his rounds every day for a week in aid of the Stroke Association.
The idea came about after Mr Sanders' father suffered a major stroke 18 years ago – and is now in a wheelchair – while the postman himself suffered a "mini-stroke".
He said: "For most people it was very surprising to see me in costumes, and it does feel good to put a smile on the faces.
"I went to deliver to the schools as well and the children were laughing and shouting when they saw me.
"It's just a bit of light-hearted fun. It's about doing something different and raising awareness at the same time.
"I did have to explain what I was doing to some people, but they have been very generous with their donations."
Over six days the father-of-four dressed up as well-known characters, but it was Friday's that gave him the most attention.
He said: "My beloved wife asked on Facebook whether I should dress up as Elsa from Frozen.
"Obviously there was quite a lot of attention from that so she stitched me right up.
"Having four kids we have lots of old fancy dress costumes everywhere so it wasn't hard to find something to wear."
The money raised will go to the Stroke Association – Royal Mail's charity partner – to help provide Life After Stroke grants.
They are given to stroke survivors and their families to help rebuild their lives.
Mr Sanders, who has worked as a postman for nearly 20 years, said: "I've nearly got back to one hundred per cent but for my dad the stroke really changed his life.
"What people do not realise is how other members of your family are affected. They suffer just as much.
"Nobody sees how the family copes behind closed doors and there needs to be more avenues for people to get help."
Delivery office manager Rosemary Clarke said: "Russell is a great postman and I'm not surprised he chose this fun way to raise money for the charity."
So far Mr Sanders he has raised nearly £600 for the charity.
Stroke Association director of fundraising Jim Swindells said: "Russell has really gone above and beyond and I love the creativity in his fun-filled challenge."