The only thing I would say is the managers were going to strike over a similar offer and who are the ones actually doing the work and earning the money for Royal Mail?
I think the union have a tough job on their hands maybe if this offer was with a reduction in our working week then it would be much more acceptable...
I think we seriously need to strike over the next attack on pensions this is no job for a 65 year old
For the record the managers dispute was not just about the 1.3% offer they had but the fact they would not pay the 1.3% to everyone and a few other issues . I think your find the settlement was that every manager involved in the dispute will get paid the same and 1.6% was there new offer !
Everything I hear from the union today, sounds like it has been run through the official RM sanitiser. Even our area rep sounds like a RM spokesperson now.
More work for less pay? Check. Thanks union.
No reduction in duty sizes despite 'delivery to neighbour' being hammered into our duty times? Check. Thanks union.
No extra time needed to scan 2D barcodes? Check. Well done union.
Just agree to everything without any thought for your front line members. The union is a joke nowadays.
LouBarlow wrote:Everything I hear from the union today, sounds like it has been run through the official RM sanitiser. Even our area rep sounds like a RM spokesperson now.
More work for less pay? Check. Thanks union.
No reduction in duty sizes despite 'delivery to neighbour' being hammered into our duty times? Check. Thanks union.
No extra time needed to scan 2D barcodes? Check. Well done union.
Just agree to everything without any thought for your front line members. The union is a joke nowadays.
I didn't see many of the front line members laughing in recent years at the antics of the union
SpacePhoenix wrote:Don't forget that any deal good or bad is always voted in or our by delivery staff who outnumber everyone else by 2-1
The members will vote with the recommendation of the PEC, they have little choice when those they elect to fight on their behalf decide they've had enough of fighting, if a boxer throws in the towel there isn't much point in the fans telling him to get back in the ring. Who voted it in becomes immaterial unless the boxer is looking for a scapegoat.
SpacePhoenix wrote:Don't forget that any deal good or bad is always voted in or our by delivery staff who outnumber everyone else by 2-1
The members will vote with the recommendation of the PEC, they have little choice when those they elect to fight on their behalf decide they've had enough of fighting, if a boxer throws in the towel there isn't much point in the fans telling him to get back in the ring. Who voted it in becomes immaterial unless the boxer is looking for a scapegoat.
I can't remember the year exactly but in the late 90s - after a series of one-day strikes - we voted down a pay deal recommended by the PEC. There were a few awkward coughs, a lot of long sighs and when we were offered another deal shortly after (the original wording unchanged except maybe a comma moved here and there) it got "approved."
SpacePhoenix wrote:Don't forget that any deal good or bad is always voted in or our by delivery staff who outnumber everyone else by 2-1
and I've said this before and again now, how many D.O. staff voted for unlimited D2Ds for no money, just a supplement? it just doesn't make sense to me.
If I remember correctly at the time we were also told that multiple Dtds would possibly be all delivered to delivery offices already in one A4 envelope
Tell you what I'll sacrifice any offer this year for defending us at local level. Supporting reps instead of branch taking the piss behind their backs and then ignoring part timers begging for help.
Currently don't care about going down to 35 hours in years to come but watching my lad get shat on while creating continuous animosity in our unit between ALL.
Senior management must daily what you have/are doing
There is a battle here NOW eating away at honest hard working OPG.
SpacePhoenix wrote:Don't forget that any deal good or bad is always voted in or our by delivery staff who outnumber everyone else by 2-1
and I've said this before and again now, how many D.O. staff voted for unlimited D2Ds for no money, just a supplement? it just doesn't make sense to me.
- writes someone whose round is several hundred little old terraced houses with no front gardens.
I looked at that Wik report referred to by Dingo and others on the link put up - it was published in 2013 and is based on stats and data from 2011. It is 5 years out of date!! I think that using this as some kind of a reason for RM's current strategy ("forced" by Ofcom) is suspect and dishonest. This report by a private consultancy was based on a nationalised RM before many very nasty changes which are already implemented. It's nothing to do with the price of eggs. I mean the price of accepting 1.6%.