They "tested me" outdoors by following me and timing me,my walk took over 5hrs 20 mins and by the time I finished the manager was feeling the pressure,he said I was only walking for less than 4 hrs nothing ever came of it,nothing recorded or anything it is basically a form of intimidation mate,other times he would turn up on my walk out of the blue asking how much I had left to do,everytime he tried to catch me out he failed,as long as you walk at a reasonable pace there is nothing they can do,he actually stopped his timer while I used the toilet,and took a photo of me using my LWT with only 4 bundles in it,I think he had a bit of a problem with me,don't worry mate it's not worth it.Newbie001 wrote:They can't really. If they do follow you outside, if they go by the book they are more than likely going to have to tell you to slow down. Which would make it a pointless exercise. They'll just find other ways to wear you down.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Worried about being sacked
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Worried about being sacked
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Worried about being sacked
there is no set standard for outdoor performance. there is too many variants.. i.e. age/fitness/disabilities/terrain...hills,steps etc.Jpro747 wrote:Thanks for this... How would they test you on the outdoor aspect of it?daveyeff wrote:they come out with this bullshit everytime someone stands up to them. ''you are not performing as you should indoors so you are not getting out on time''. load of crap. he's in the wrong firstly for reporting it to the DSM. if they have a problem with your indoor performance then they should be putting in measures to have you tested to see if you are up to speed, and if not, have you coached to the standard. not going straight to the DSM. it should be dealt with in house. I have a feeling he may be trying to scare you as it is not procedure to do this. get onto your branch and get a higher union rep involved. area or div. and put grievance in. BASTARDS
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Worried about being sacked
Are you part time? Just wondering if you are actually meant to be doing prepping or other indoor work. My duty is meant to be prepped for me and it never is. This gives me great ammunition. I haven't got time to lapse if I've done 20 minutes indoor work that I wan't meant to be doing 
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Worried about being sacked
Problem is only the superfast posties who come in early are actually able to get out on the scheduled time, those who come in On time like myself are out 20-40 min later, so you're virtually never going to have time to lapse unless its very light.
Thanks again for the help everyone, this site is a goldmine of information
Thanks again for the help everyone, this site is a goldmine of information
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Worried about being sacked
Any managers lurking out there want to try to justify this shite?
I'm fairly bubbling over with anticipation.....
I'm fairly bubbling over with anticipation.....
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Worried about being sacked
there wont be because it can't be justified.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Worried about being sacked
I think it's not the idiots who "manage" ,on the shop floor, who need to be justifying this turd parcel,it's the bell ends ,who are Area Managers and above.fishtank wrote:Any managers lurking out there want to try to justify this shite?
I'm fairly bubbling over with anticipation.....
I have often wondered,do they have a stupid ideas office in Sheffield? Because from what I can see,they are phenomenally brilliant,in fact, I would go so far as to say they outperform every other function in this business,bar none.