ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do you always feel knackered?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Do you always feel knackered?

Post by rambo1 »

Dehydration is a big cause of lethargy. Sort out toilet stops on yer round and drink lots of fluids especially as it's getting warmer and we're out 5hrs in it. If you're thirsty you're dehydrated.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Do you always feel knackered?

Post by Chewster »

rambo1 wrote:Dehydration is a big cause of lethargy. Sort out toilet stops on yer round and drink lots of fluids especially as it's getting warmer and we're out 5hrs in it. If you're thirsty you're dehydrated.
Yep, that's a big one that it's easy to forget about! I've seen me in this job and in other outside labouring jobs in the past being light headed by the end of the day because I was silly and forgot to take water out with me. I'm never hungry enough to eat much while I'm out on delivery (which is strange as I'd go through 5 sandwiches and half a packet of biscuits a day at my labouring job) but I think it's a really good idea to take at least a small morsel out with you, a little chocolate bar or cereal bar or something.