We finish between 4-4.30 everyday. So it's 2 hours over my finish time. That's where my problem lies. I wouldn't mind 30 minutes everyday.Chewster wrote:I've had that problem when the floater has cut off on my day off, it's a bugger. Personally, I don't see why anyone would cut off for the sake of something like 20 minutes (unless of course one has arrangements to keep).trix138 wrote:I found the only problem with cutting off, is you get it back the next day and so on. So for 20 minutes extra I'd rather stay out (which I know a lot of you won't agree with)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
cutting off...
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
cutting off...
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
cutting off...
But you are still spending the same amount of time albeit in a different location so I fail to see how this saves time. Besides IB would take a very dim view if you have boxes of D2D stashed at home. Also some folk would be tempted to bin them altogether.PHARRY wrote:Taking households is a good idea it will save time prepping them at work
So no sorry not a good idea at all
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
cutting off...
That's wilful delay by management . If mail was left overnightPHARRY wrote:I agree trouble with cutting off you get double next day so you might aswell carry on and finish the walk
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
cutting off...
Not if the reported it on the DODR, it is a failure of the USO though, which would add ammunition to the regulators investigation of Royal Mail.eastie wrote:That's wilful delay by management . If mail was left overnightPHARRY wrote:I agree trouble with cutting off you get double next day so you might aswell carry on and finish the walk
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postie1975
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:51
- Gender: Male
cutting off...
What time are you delivering your first letter?chillout1571 wrote:We finish between 4-4.30 everyday. So it's 2 hours over my finish time. That's where my problem lies. I wouldn't mind 30 minutes everyday.Chewster wrote:I've had that problem when the floater has cut off on my day off, it's a bugger. Personally, I don't see why anyone would cut off for the sake of something like 20 minutes (unless of course one has arrangements to keep).trix138 wrote:I found the only problem with cutting off, is you get it back the next day and so on. So for 20 minutes extra I'd rather stay out (which I know a lot of you won't agree with)
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
cutting off...
At around 10.30. Takes ages to get out of the door, my partner always wants to take the lapse, if it was up to me, we wouldn't. They are worried about getting on the wrong side of management. I wish people stood their ground a little more in my office.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
cutting off...
Taking households where? If you are suggesting taking them home, then you are either trolling or giving out advice that will see someone sacked.PHARRY wrote:Taking households is a good idea it will save time prepping them at work
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
cutting off...
then you should have no complaints doing the extra 20 mins the next dayChewster wrote:I've had that problem when the floater has cut off on my day off, it's a bugger. Personally, I don't see why anyone would cut off for the sake of something like 20 minutes (unless of course one has arrangements to keep).trix138 wrote:I found the only problem with cutting off, is you get it back the next day and so on. So for 20 minutes extra I'd rather stay out (which I know a lot of you won't agree with)
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
cutting off...
Nope, no complaints about 20 minutes or whatever extra work, just complaints about people who wouldn't normally cut off deciding to cut off when they're doing someone else's dutyPostie45 wrote:then you should have no complaints doing the extra 20 mins the next dayChewster wrote:I've had that problem when the floater has cut off on my day off, it's a bugger. Personally, I don't see why anyone would cut off for the sake of something like 20 minutes (unless of course one has arrangements to keep).trix138 wrote:I found the only problem with cutting off, is you get it back the next day and so on. So for 20 minutes extra I'd rather stay out (which I know a lot of you won't agree with)
-
postie1975
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:51
- Gender: Male
cutting off...
that's late what time you come off the sort?chillout1571 wrote:At around 10.30. Takes ages to get out of the door, my partner always wants to take the lapse, if it was up to me, we wouldn't. They are worried about getting on the wrong side of management. I wish people stood their ground a little more in my office.