On top of £10 per hour?spen wrote:The local deliverers in my area are getting 25p per item
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
EU polling cards
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
EU polling cards
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
EU polling cards
If they are doing it within their normal working day, why would they get overtime? If not, why the hell would anyone work overtime for free?tiggle wrote:otherwise its all paid to the person who completes the remainder and who incidentally wont get paid overtime
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
EU polling cards
We are getting 6p for ours, I'd be fuming if I was only getting 3 or 4.5p.
-
DocketLefty
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
- Gender: Male
EU polling cards
How come the price per item varies across offices?
I left mine for the duty holder today, 3.5p an item... 400 items. Not worth the 14 quid
I left mine for the duty holder today, 3.5p an item... 400 items. Not worth the 14 quid
-
Morayman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 14:19
- Gender: Male
EU polling cards
We got our poll cards in today. Think the bosses thought they were coming in tomorrow so we were down to lapse today ( that got scrapped ).
Im on a semi rural delivery with 410 stops, I counted my poll cards as i prepped them and had 729. However the DOM told me that he only pays 1.5X delivery points on poll cards so in effect I get payed for 600. Is this correct? he said it was in a national agreement that thats what royal mail pays for poll cards, But when i look it up it just states that it pays between 3p-6p PER item?
Any help welcome.
Im on a semi rural delivery with 410 stops, I counted my poll cards as i prepped them and had 729. However the DOM told me that he only pays 1.5X delivery points on poll cards so in effect I get payed for 600. Is this correct? he said it was in a national agreement that thats what royal mail pays for poll cards, But when i look it up it just states that it pays between 3p-6p PER item?
Any help welcome.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
EU polling cards
Morayman wrote:We got our poll cards in today. Think the bosses thought they were coming in tomorrow so we were down to lapse today ( that got scrapped ).
Im on a semi rural delivery with 410 stops, I counted my poll cards as i prepped them and had 729. However the DOM told me that he only pays 1.5X delivery points on poll cards so in effect I get payed for 600. Is this correct? he said it was in a national agreement that thats what royal mail pays for poll cards, But when i look it up it just states that it pays between 3p-6p PER item?
Any help welcome.
Nope he's talking garbage as well. its Xp per item, not a multiple of delivery addresses. Politely ask to see this new national agreement (it doesn't exist) if he doesn't show it then print off the current agreement (link above) and bang in a grievance.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
EU polling cards
Some offices use multipliers rather than count them individually, 2 x the number of calls is normally not far of the mark, you can't count them then multiply them lol.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
EU polling cards
The poll cards arrived a day early in our office much to management surprise. We also get paid 1.5 x the number of delivery points. According to my calculations for the recent Scottish Elections our office got 3.3p per delivery point. I imagine it would be exactly the same this time around. At least I didn't have to count the ones for the lapsing duty as they got told where to shove it
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
EU polling cards
our office got told once again not to count the cards and we would be get paid 1.6 items per door, so if we delivered 4 item to a certain door we would only get paid for 1 and a half, load of bollocks as most doors get between 2 and 4, whats gettin done about it SFA !!!
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
EU polling cards
Ask your manager to see the agreement which states this.Harv12 wrote:our office got told once again not to count the cards and we would be get paid 1.6 items per door, so if we delivered 4 item to a certain door we would only get paid for 1 and a half, load of bollocks as most doors get between 2 and 4, whats gettin done about it SFA !!!
Count them up, fill out the form, recieve your payment.
When you get paid for them, do the math to see if you've recieved what you're owed, if not file a grievence
-
Jimbob07
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 May 2016, 19:48
- Gender: Male
EU polling cards
I'm a floater at my delivery office and got nothing because the walk holders on their duty didn't give us a fair share and did all their own how fair is that and if you are a walk holder did you offer your floater anyKings Norton wrote:Guy in my office a floater goes to the frame today sees all the polling cards eyes lights up throws the lot off all done over 100 notes in his sky rocket, poor walk holder back tomorrow ends up empty handed, how mean is that?
-
psyCrowe
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 12:28
- Gender: Male
EU polling cards
Being told ours need done in one day (tomorrow).
Can't claim overtime.
If we work to our time, then we are not eligible for payment for any whatsoever.
It's all false, seems I'm the only one that believes in my office?
Can't claim overtime.
If we work to our time, then we are not eligible for payment for any whatsoever.
It's all false, seems I'm the only one that believes in my office?
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
EU polling cards
I've put my overtime down and I popped the polling card numbers down aswell. Some people didn't put their OT as it looked like an either or situation. However I'm still not convinced they are allowed to do this. The whole situation is ridiculous. I never like doing the OT so I definitely won't be doing any for a long while. Just shows they don't give two s***s about their workers.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
EU polling cards
If they are due on the day you cover that duty, then you count them, prep them deliver them and claim for them. Nothing to do with the duty holder. If you don't want the overtime, cut off.Jimbob07 wrote: the walk holders on their duty didn't give us a fair share and did all their own how fair is that and if you are a walk holder did you offer your floater any