Already got a few thanks MH!motherhubbard wrote: I am sure you are looking forward to the introduction of the 6 hour singleton van duties.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fed up of this van share
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Fed up of this van share
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Fed up of this van share
Doesn't mean they won't though. All waved through by the union, saving jobs innit?Dorset Plodder wrote:Already got a few thanks MH!motherhubbard wrote: I am sure you are looking forward to the introduction of the 6 hour singleton van duties.That's what you get in a crap revision. Looking on the bright side though........... it'll be difficult to add any more to them!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Fed up of this van share
The annoying thing is that our Area Rep said we could have kept some bike duties "Where it was appropriate", (after we'd got rid of them all). I'm sure we could have organised it with several bike duties and a packets driver.rambo1 wrote:Bikes, more packet driver duties.....it's the future lol, but they'll never go for it, they like spending a tenner to save a quid too much.
I think it was too much for the Management to get their heads around!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Fed up of this van share
It's like this for me too. My main partner and I manage to get round great. I've yet to meet any unsavory characters if she's getting covered by someone else.Surreypostie wrote:I get on great with my partner, he is the driver, I take anything I can possibly carry to make it easier for him. I take specials, tracks, anything, if it is simply too big then he shoots off, he does have a couple of smaller loops to enable him to do that. If we have to cut off to do 1pm specials, we do it together, he will drop me and I'll do one while he shoots off to do another. You have to work together. I'm sick of hearing drivers on here complaining about how hard they have it, it's shite for everybody. If you are working with a slacker and you are mug enough to put up with it then more fool you. When my regular partner is off, I get teamed up with people that have never done the round before, I do the bigger loops, jump in the van if they are a bit slower and shoot off and do the big stuff for them. No point moaning about it, they are less experienced than me and need a chance to learn the route, again, you just have to work together. I also get teamed up with people that make me look like a tortoise now and then. Never mind, if they want to run around they get to do a bit more. If I catch them sitting in the van having a puff I slow down.
Like you said, it's all about working together.
Heard some horror stories in my office about a few people but I don't think we'll ever be paired up...hopefully
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Fed up of this van share
do you get a driving allowance when in a van share?
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Fed up of this van share
No driver allowance.
Though in our office, we supposedly get driver allowance for driving our LWB Boxer van (very very very rarely used though). Not sure on that one
Though in our office, we supposedly get driver allowance for driving our LWB Boxer van (very very very rarely used though). Not sure on that one
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Fed up of this van share
lightningpostman wrote:do you get a driving allowance when in a van share?
No
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
glass joe
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 11 Mar 2013, 16:59
- Gender: Male
Fed up of this van share
van sharing only really works if you and your partner have the same practices. like you both start at the same time, and both take/not take your breaks.
don't think we have had people moved in our office because of falling outs.
don't think we have had people moved in our office because of falling outs.