ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No house number
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
No house number
if it is one street just write down all the house name and number and put it on the fitting so you have a reference to look it up and help the floaters. People are too posh to have numbers even when they can spend 600 grand on a house but not 1 quid for number.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
No house number
Same happened with a new development near us. The sales office was not happy about even being asked where to find places in their new maze. Manager said to kill it all off so we did (so far as I know) - I certainly did. They're all numbered now so not an issue any more.antcpfc wrote:Sorry to bump an old topic.Wehave a large estate being built of around 750 homes.At present only a few dozen are occupied but most don't have numbers and there are no road names.I have started giving the mail to the sales offices.They are adamant it is down to their clients to number the houses which is no help to me.My manager says to kill it off ,is this right.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
No house number
I did OT on an unfamiliar delivery a couple of weeks ago and there is a huge old mansion house on it that has been divided up into several properties. On the delivery frame the order runs flat 1, flat 2, rear flat, stable flat, upstairs flat 1 upstairs flat 2, flat 3. Not a single one of the doors scattered around this building had a number or name plate on it! I took the mail back to the office and the following day asked the regular postman which flat was which. His reply was that it was a good job I hadn't delivered the mail in sequence, starting with the first door I came to, "As the delivery frame isn't in the right order anyway" 
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
No house number
I used to work at Domino's as a driver and this was even worse since you're looking for one house rather than going through them all in order. The worst ones are the huge named houses, where if they have the name at all, it's usually on a little tiny plaque on the side of the house. The problem is that the house is 200 yards down the drive behind a locked gate.
Worst of all in this job though are the new estates, that have no house numbers or even street signs. One estate I delivered to once wasn't even on the fitting, and with how modern estates are designed as winding cul de sacs, where some side roads are new streets and others are part of the main road and houses on corners, it's pretty much impossible to deliver properly.
Worst of all in this job though are the new estates, that have no house numbers or even street signs. One estate I delivered to once wasn't even on the fitting, and with how modern estates are designed as winding cul de sacs, where some side roads are new streets and others are part of the main road and houses on corners, it's pretty much impossible to deliver properly.
-
deekin
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 25 May 2010, 15:11
- Gender: Male
No house number
Every time I get to an unnumbered door on a less-familiar I am often confused because I am on autopilot and I start to doubt that the last house was, say, 15 and so I go back and grumpily check.
I always then fantasize about scrawling their door number on their doors in permanent marker for them.
I always then fantasize about scrawling their door number on their doors in permanent marker for them.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
No house number
I have a road with mixed numbers and names. From the start on the evens side there are four named houses, number 4, then another two named houses then no 6-24! All are marked up except number 4 - and he wonders why the couriers can't find him
The poor named house next to number 6 is where the couriers knock 
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
No house number
I once delivered mail to the wrong housing scheme when they were getting re-faced and done up. New doors, no numbers. Didn't know the area at all and just kept walking. got half way round when someone came out and told me that street was across the road, oops.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
No house number
How about the houses which do have perfectly good numbers attached to them but insist on having mail come addressed to the house name! If you're new to a duty how on earth are you meant to prep it up.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
No house number
Yep got quite a lot of them. I don't mind if it's an official house name but more often than not it's just some name they've decided they'd like the house to be called. And it's always posh people. Is having a house with a name some sort of weird status symbol to these people!?rambo1 wrote:How about the houses which do have perfectly good numbers attached to them but insist on having mail come addressed to the house name! If you're new to a duty how on earth are you meant to prep it up.
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
No house number
Write it off. Simples.rambo1 wrote:How about the houses which do have perfectly good numbers attached to them but insist on having mail come addressed to the house name! If you're new to a duty how on earth are you meant to prep it up.