
Maybe this is what they mean by a ‘special’ delivery.
We’ve all had our frustrations with dodgy deliveries in the past. You know, when your parcel marked ‘handle with care’ arrives through the letterbox looking like it’s done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson.
And then there’s the dreaded ‘sorry you were out’ card that sends you trudging to a depot in the ars*end of nowhere at 9am on a Saturday, only to discover it was a catalogue from BT.
And then there’s this truly terrible attempt to deliver a vinyl record.
These pictures were shared on Twitter yesterday by digital strategist Sharon O’Dea, who lives in Barnes, south west London.

Wow. @RoyalMail folded a record - labelled 'fragile' - in half to get it through the letterbox.
7:18 PM - 11 May 2016
It shows a parcel very clearly labelled ‘fragile’. Several times. And in caps.
Sharon went on to tweet: ‘If I wanted my stuff smashed by idiots I’d have used Yodel’. Burn.
‘It’s actually a record my husband ordered (he collects vinyl), Sharon later told Metro.co.uk.
‘It was on the doormat when I got home last night. He’s something of a vinyl junkie so he was livid when I told him. It had fragile tape all over it AND the name and logo of the sender, a record shop, on the front.’
Sharon says she’s left it to her husband to complain, but Royal Mail have responded to her tweet. Not with an apology, but with an online form to complete.
Sharon despairs. ‘I’m often amazed by what the postman manages to squeeze through our quite small letterbox – on one occasion a Boden parcel containing three jumpers – but this was just ridiculous as it was very obviously a record.’
Sadly, we don’t know what the record her husband ordered was. Perhaps Return to Sender?
Metro.co.uk has approached Royal Mail for comment.