ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bag on shoulder

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Bag on shoulder

Post by k979aaa »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Chewster wrote:What is a HCT mk2?
Image

and a Mk 1 is

Image
Bigger so you can stay out longer.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Bag on shoulder

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yet another piece of legislation that will swept under the carpet until something happens,probably unworkable in the real world.do bags get weighed? I doubt it
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Bag on shoulder

Post by Postie45 »

robbertwhitton wrote:Yet another piece of legislation that will swept under the carpet until something happens,probably unworkable in the real world.do bags get weighed? I doubt it
we are supposed to weigh our bags.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Bag on shoulder

Post by Chewster »

k979aaa wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Chewster wrote:What is a HCT mk2?
Image

and a Mk 1 is

Image
Bigger so you can stay out longer.
Looks pretty posh
madmax1
Posts: 72
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
Gender: Male

Bag on shoulder

Post by madmax1 »

.
Last edited by madmax1 on 21 Dec 2016, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Bag on shoulder

Post by NewPostieUK »

madmax1 wrote: Driver would pass me a shed-load of mail and parcels to put in my bag
Don't you fill your bags back in the office, before loading the van up?
Donnygav93
Posts: 12
Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 15:41
Gender: Male

Bag on shoulder

Post by Donnygav93 »

It might sound sad but I'm pretty envious of you lot with the hct mk2 whilst I've got my hct mk1 :thumbdown
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Bag on shoulder

Post by Chewster »

Donnygav93 wrote:It might sound sad but I'm pretty envious of you lot with the hct mk2 whilst I've got my hct mk1 :thumbdown
I'm the same mate, stuck with the old mk1, and it's awful. I've had to get the brakes replaced 3 times, a wheel has come off twice, and keys have snapped and barrels jammed more times than I care to mention, all in the last year!
madmax1
Posts: 72
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
Gender: Male

Bag on shoulder

Post by madmax1 »

.
Last edited by madmax1 on 21 Dec 2016, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Bag on shoulder

Post by NewPostieUK »

Seems daft loading up trays then having to unload into bags when you could just put them straight into bags in the first place. Then there's the weighing issue. .
weary_posty
Posts: 225
Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
Gender: Male

Bag on shoulder

Post by weary_posty »

Wish I could have a HCT on my round. Used to cover a duty that used one and found it a lot easier than struggling to attach the pouches to the LWT.

Just think, if people actually used the trolley, came in on time and took their breaks, we wouldn't have to worry as much about our paydeal. It would be made up in all the overtime that would become available.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Bag on shoulder

Post by dave72 »

NewPostieUK wrote:Seems daft loading up trays then having to unload into bags when you could just put them straight into bags in the first place. Then there's the weighing issue. .
We find trays easier, then you know where the packets are and what you have. Loading the bags back up at the office, you forget what is in each bag
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Bag on shoulder

Post by rambo1 »

madmax1 wrote:Took me months to work this out. Spent first few weeks on a really long shared van round. Driver would pass me a shed-load of mail and parcels to put in my bag and off I'd stagger up the road/hill with it, bent double for half the loop under the weight!! Gradually came to the conclusion he was taking the p**s, so now on any van share I just put the mail in, any featherweight packets and tell the driver we're dropping the rest off from the van. Likewise if I'm the driver I always make sure big/heavy packets are done from the van. Why cripple yourself just to save a few minutes.
One word. Light weight trolley. Actually that's three words. Use one, you can then take two bags and all but the biggest packets. Quickest way to do it. Two people sat in a van to deliver one packet ain't efficient is it.