ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Meet Devon's strongest man who eats 10,000 calories a day, including a 'death shake'

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Meet Devon's strongest man who eats 10,000 calories a day, including a 'death shake'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Meet ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image
Sean 'The Bear' Palmer, who towers at 6ft 6ins, wolfs down gigantic meals in between his rounds as a postman - and even manages to fit in a mammoth four HOUR gym session.

A 24-stone strongman has revealed his 10,000 calorie-a-day diet - which includes a 2,500 calorie 'death shake' and enough steak to feed FOUR people.

Sean 'The Bear' Palmer, who towers at 6ft 6ins, wolfs down gigantic meals in between his rounds as a postman - and even manages to fit in a mammoth four HOUR gym session.

Image

In a typical day, the 29-year-old shovels enough food into his mouth to feed a family, including a kilo of chicken, four portions of spag bol and three chocolate bars.

He also glugs eight litres of water and a breakfast smoothie containing 2,500 calories, which makes his daily calorie intake FOUR TIMES higher than the recommended limit.

In addition, the dad-of-two, uses up £150 worth of protein supplements each week, helping him gain a whopping four stone in as many months.

His gut-busting diet, which sets him back £120 a week and takes up three hours a day of his time, has transformed him into one of the country's most formidable hard-men.

Last week, he was crowned Devon's strongest man after he conquered five impressive challenges, including pulling a 10 tonne double decker bus for 20 metres.

Now Sean, of Milehouse, Plymouth, Devon, has revealed the monstrous meals he forces himself to eat every day in a bid to become the UK's strongest man.

For breakfast, he scoffs a 2,500 calorie 'death shake' containing blue milk, peanut butter, Greek yoghurt, three eggs, oats, avocado, vegetable substitute, whey and creatine.

He then heads to work and delivers some letters before taking a morning break, during which he tackles four plates of spaghetti bolognese.

Next is lunch, when he will nibble on sardines and have a portion of fruit before finishing his shift and heading home for 2pm.

Sean then starts his afternoon with an energy-boosting kilo of chicken, 500g of sweet potato, a variety of supplements and a strong espresso coffee before going to the gym.

Image

While there, he spends between three and four hours doing high-intensity cardio and event-training, which includes dead-lifting up to 300kg.

After working up an appetite again, Sean goes home and has a 400g rib-eye steak with brown rice and avocado before bedding down for the night.

Throughout the day he also snacks on three chocolate bars, three protein bars, pieces of fruit and some energy drinks - taking his daily intake up to 10,000 calories.

He follows this routine five days a week and, on his rest days, he treats himself to smaller portions to give his body a break - but he still goes to the gym.

Sean, whose tiny girlfriend, student nurse Nicola, is a whole foot shorter than him, said:"I was a bit tubby as a kid and I was always taller than the other kids.

"I weighed about 13 stone when I was 11 or so. They used to call me 'dump truck'.




"I got into rugby at a young age and after that I started boxing and MMA. It wasn't until a few months ago that I started doing strongman.

"At the beginning I wasn't eating that much, but then I used these scales which tell you your height and weight and calculate how many calories you need to eat.

"To stay at my weight I would have to take in 5,000 calories. But the top athletes in the game have to consume 10,000."

Sean came up with his meal plan after researching nutrition online and tweaks his recipes every now and then.

He said he loves eating food when he is hungry but added that can often be a drag, particularly when he has to eat 2,500 calories the moment he wakes up.




"My first hit is the death shake," said Sean, who is too heavy to sleep in a normal bed so has to sleep on a sofa bed.

"It's a weird mix of ingredients and it tastes like peanut-y avocado with the consistency of mashed up ice cream, but warm. I do struggle to get it down sometimes.

"After that I go and prepare my supplements for the day. I have a week's worth of them in one morning.

"Throughout the day I snack on lots of different thing as well as my main meals, which I prepare all in one go.

"Every now and then I have to leave some food because I struggle. I'll take a shower or something and then go back and finish it off."

Sean, whose favourite food is cheesecake, added that if he goes to a restaurant for a meal he will order three different plates of food to fill him up.

He said he hates mushrooms, cucumber and margarine and chooses not to eat bread.




"It's important that I eat this much to keep my weight up. It's also really important that I do lots of cardio exercise so I stay healthy."

"I'm doing it out of necessity," he added.

In the Devon strongman competition, former semi-professional boxer Sean beat off 12 other entrants to be named the henchest man in the county.

One of the event's competitions involved dead-lifting a 200kg weight for as many reps as possible in 75 seconds - Sean managed 13.

He also had to pull a 10 tonne double decker bus for 20m in 90 seconds.

Sean's typical daily diet:

1. Breakfast = 2,500 calories
'Death shake' with two scoops vegetable substitute, four scoops whey, one scoop creatine, 600 ml blue milk, 333g Greek yogurt, 150g peanut butter, three eggs, 150g oats

2. Mid-morning meal = 2,500 calories
Spaghetti bolognese with 500g of spaghetti and 500g of mince with bolognese sauce

3. Lunch = 1,500 calories
Up to 1kg of chicken and 500g of sweet potato with vegetables

4. Dinner = 1,500 calories
400g rib-eye steak, brown rice and avocado

5. Snacks = 2,000 calories
Fruit, chocolate, cereal bars, sardines, nuts, protein shakes and eight litres of water

Sean's weekly exercise plan:

Day 1 - Chest and medley training, including dumbbells up to 50kg per hand, giant tyre flips and lifting sandbags

Day 2 - Back and deadlift training, including deadlifts work up to 300kg and bar up to 180kg

Day 3 - Legs and yoke training, including squatting with weights up to 220kg and maximum reps on the quad and hamstring machine

Day 4 - Shoulders and log press, including military press up to 160kg, seated dumbbells and log-lifting up to 130kg

Day 5 - Arms, atlas stones and harness work, including atlas stones up to 140kg, harness weights up to 500kg for 15m, bicep curls and skull crushers
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Meet Devon's strongest man who eats 10,000 calories a day, including a 'death shake'

Post by daveyeff »

I wonder how much he spends a week on bog rolls :Very Happy
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Meet Devon's strongest man who eats 10,000 calories a day, including a 'death shake'

Post by midegarelu »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:

He then heads to work and delivers some letters before taking a morning break, during which he tackles four plates of spaghetti bolognese.


Bet there's a few out there who would like his walk!!!

:nana :cuppa :nana :cuppa
"We employ you so we can sack you"