http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Jamie ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Jamie Vardy lookalike Lee Chapman was so convincing as his double that he was almost whisked away by helicopter yesterday for a photo shoot in Manchester.
Lee had been taken to lunch with the City team celebrating their historic league championship.
Lee led the team off the bus into San Carlo's in Granby Street to the cheers of supporters.
He was approached by a woman who wanted him to fly by helicopter to Manchester for a shoot with the Football Association.
He was needed to board the aircraft at 2.10pm.
But Lee said: "I did not know what she was talking about. So I put her on to my agent who pointed out I wasn't really Jamie."
Lee, a postman from Humberstone, is a season ticket holder at the King Power.
But it is only recently has begun to capitalise on his uncanny likeness to the Leicester and England star.
He said: "I was born in Leicester and raised in Leicester. I love Leicester."
He said: "I was spotted by somebody who has links with Sky's Soccer Am programme after the victory over Swansea."
Since then he has been in demand to make appearances.
He appeared on Sky's Soccer Am programme on Saturday wearing his Vardy strip and haircut.
He said: "People started to comment about me looking like Jamie down at the King Power Stadium about eight months ago.
"I am a postman in the Beaumont Leys area and it is funny to see young people beckon to their parents when I walk up the drive.
"It's Jamie Vardy. They say."
Lee is 29 the same age as his double.
He said: "I am now being asked to attend events . I am signed up for the second series of the Channel 4 lookalike series.
I also got a VIP ticket to Old Trafford for the Man United game on Sunday."
He said: "Things have gone crazy. I was down at the King Power Stadium yesterday doing an appearance when all the City players, who must have seen me on Soccer Am, dragged me onto the bus. Claudio Ranieri made sure I was on the bus.
"It was unreal, especially when I stepped off the bus and was applauded by the fans. I was shaking."
Lee said: "I just want to thank Royal Mail for giving the time off to carry out these engagements. They have been very good."
His agent James Austin said: "Lee has a number of engagements lined up for the future."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Jamie Vardy double almost whisked off to Manchester by helicopter by mistake
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Jamie Vardy double almost whisked off to Manchester by helicopter by mistake
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Jamie Vardy double almost whisked off to Manchester by helicopter by mistake
Normally looking like a scrawny, under fed, long legged, bug eyed, swamp thing wouldn't get much attention.
joking aside..... well done Leicester and Jamie., putting some much needed pride back in the midlands.

joking aside..... well done Leicester and Jamie., putting some much needed pride back in the midlands.