ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New Trainers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
salomon2
Posts: 103
Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
Gender: Female

New Trainers

Post by salomon2 »

They sound too small or try see less socks.I have the yds and had to take the laces out and re thread them without using the bottom 2 or 3 holes so it made them wider and they've been fine since.
Mezza
Posts: 405
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
Location: West London

New Trainers

Post by Mezza »

Never hear police moaning about their footwear, so why don't we use same supplier?
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

New Trainers

Post by Chewster »

Mezza wrote:Never hear police moaning about their footwear, so why don't we use same supplier?
I think the Police have Magnums, which we do have the option of having. I have a pair of Magnums right now and they are the best I've had from RM so far
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

New Trainers

Post by meercat »

Mezza wrote:Never hear police moaning about their footwear, so why don't we use same supplier?
Actually when they fail to catch thieves running away they always blame their footwear, avoids awkward conversations about their 18Stone frames.
sickofthejob
Posts: 52
Joined: 18 May 2012, 19:17
Gender: Male

New Trainers

Post by sickofthejob »

Plus how many policemen do you see walking the streets these days?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

New Trainers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

sickofthejob wrote:Plus how many policemen do you see walking the streets these days?

Every day in pairs where I deliver :nervous :nervous
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Zimizelle90
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 15:29
Gender: Female

New Trainers

Post by Zimizelle90 »

fb1969 wrote:Love the CAT trainers, comfortable and no need to break them in - but six weeks at most before the tread has gone.

Now trying to break in a pair of YDS and so far they are the most uncomfortable and painful things I have ever put on my feet - still, I am sure they have saved RM a bit of money!
I haven't found the cat trainers to be available ever since the Anvil and YDS came in. The cat trainers were the best but you're right, they wore down far too quickly but oh my god how comfy! I still have several pairs which are so worn they let water in but I like them for doing messy work in the house and garden etc.

The only shoes I've found to fit me well enough and not cause me unbearable pain are the YDS but I've just recently obtained a doctors note to source my own footwear because I have corns, at the age of 25.

According to my manager you only get an allowance of £30. I haven't got a clue which shoes to go for, whatever I choose I'm going to be stuck with for 6 months because apparently you only get an allowance of twice a year too.

Can anyone suggest any good shoes for skinny and bony feet?
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

New Trainers

Post by Stormproof »

I've tried the YDS & Anvils (as others have said it is like wearing anvils on your feet). I've ended up with the Magnum shoes, best of a bad bunch. I'm now off sick with Arthritis in my big toe or a Bunion(just waiting on the xray results). I blame the footwear as I wear and have worn sensible shoes/boots for years outside of work. I will be making sure that RM pay for my own shoes/boots in future!
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

New Trainers

Post by Kings Norton »

Bring back the CATS:
Cheap rubbish they are importing now from somewhere in Asia even the shirts I am normally a large opened up two from the package the other day they must have measured up Rick Waller for them, they were massive I could nearly share the shirt with my park & loop partner.