ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by Spedley »

I don't believe any of this. Also, I don't believe talks have just started 3 weeks after the pay rise was due.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Spedley wrote:I don't believe any of this. Also, I don't believe talks have just started 3 weeks after the pay rise was due.

The unofficial ones have been going on for months, this is the first unofficial notice of the first official offer, but with the managers kicking off about theirs I expect RM and the CWU to play hardball.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

worktotime wrote:I may sound thick but can somebody tell me what these payments are ? RRIS , PBS , ICS .
RRIS - Recruitment Retention Incentive Scheme

PBS (Productivity Bonus Scheme).
ICS (Interim Consolidated Scheme).

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=74101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dingo wrote:Prior to PBS was outstanding bonus money from wound up bonus schemes such as Delivery Remuneration.

Some of this money helped get others the full £100 Christmas Bonus and also paid for £5 of the £26 .28 pay rise in 2003.

Under BT2010 PBS and ICS become reserved rights payments to those offices who still had them and only staff employed prior to this receive them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by Stormproof »

I rely on my PBS payment every month, probably like a lot of staff. It may not be a lot but every little helps. They can shove their pathetic offer I'd rather keep my bonus.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
pj2001
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by pj2001 »

Cwu and RM come up with this sort of crap every time they want to stitch you up with a deal that has more strings than the Philharmonia Orchestra. You'll end up with 2%, 6 hour delivery's working 9 till 5 and all the other crap they want to force on you. Ditch the Cwu give yourselves a pay rise instead of paying spivs in shiny arsed suits to stitch you up, rant over :crazy:
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by tansorboy »

Good idea to get rid of all the old allowances, imho. All the rounds are the same, aren't they? So why should some people earn more than others? Especially failed phgs....
pj2001
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by pj2001 »

tansorboy wrote:Good idea to get rid of all the old allowances, imho. All the rounds are the same, aren't they? So why should some people earn more than others? Especially failed phgs....
I take it that you don't have any 'old allowances' that you can thrown in the pot, this is a wage cut and the real no no is that the cwu thinks that this is acceptable to its members
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

So we can keep the weekly £23.58 Delivery Supplement ? :Applause :cuppa :roll:
milly
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1267
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 09:43

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by milly »

I very much doubt that this story has any truth in it.
Most of the ex PHGs in my office have long since retired and they are becoming fewer year on year.
I am probably one of around 30 left in my office, and out of that number at least half of them are near or at retirement age and would take VR in a blink of an eye.
There are no significant savings to be made by taking away reserve rights in my opinion.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

pj2001 wrote:
tansorboy wrote:Good idea to get rid of all the old allowances, imho. All the rounds are the same, aren't they? So why should some people earn more than others? Especially failed phgs....
I take it that you don't have any 'old allowances' that you can thrown in the pot, this is a wage cut and the real no no is that the cwu thinks that this is acceptable to its members
So why did they refuse it.......
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by fishtank »

I'm not sure it's wise to speculate too much on rumours of rejected pay deals since by their very nature even if they are true they are no longer valid since they've been rejected, these payments are very important to some members and hearing they may be at risk will cause unnecessary worry.

That brings me to my next point, why would you "leak" a rejected deal?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by motherhubbard »

fishtank wrote:
That brings me to my next point, why would you "leak" a rejected deal?
So that when you present a crap deal you can legitimately claim that it is better than what was originally on offer.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by fishtank »

There was a time when I pictured negotiations as a rocky film, two giants slugging it out for 15 rounds, both bloodied and bruised and slightly brain damaged at the end but with a bit of mutual respect for each other.

I think it really appears to go like this..

Royal Mail: here's a really s**t offer you can leak to your members and get them really pissed off.
Union: cheers
Royal Mail: we'll spend the next 6 months "locked in talks" in some plush hotel on expenses of course.
Union: nice
Royal Mail: here's the real deal we'll announce in 6 months as a triumph of cooperation.
Union: sorted
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by motherhubbard »

fishtank wrote:There was a time when I pictured negotiations as a rocky film, two giants slugging it out for 15 rounds, both bloodied and bruised and slightly brain damaged at the end but with a bit of mutual respect for each other.
That might have been how it was ......maybe up until Eubank v Watson.
I'll let you decide which boxer the CWU most resembles.......
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Pay offer update! 0.37% Self funded!

Post by POSTMAN »

It's from a very good source.
Obviously it's a game and a piss take from them.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.